TIMEFACTOR, UNWANTED VOLUME BOOST. HELP!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TIMEFACTOR, UNWANTED VOLUME BOOST. HELP!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my TimeFactor.  When I engage the pedal I get a really noticeable volume boost.  I have the line selectors set to Guitar & Amp.  Have any of you experienced something similar.  Any solutions?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You may also find that you get a change in tone when the pedal is in, giving more highs. If this is the case, it is being caused by what ever you have after the TF loading down the guitar when the pedal is bypassed (when the pedal is in, it buffers the guitar). You can check this by plugging the guitar directly into whatever follows it and see if you get the same result.

What to do ? Probably either set the TF output level switch to "line" to drop its output a bit, or if you prefer the new sound, set BYP TYP to DSP – this will keep the pedal electronics active even when it is bypassed.

Or, of course, it could be something else entirely …

Hey Nick, thanks.  Unfortunately it is definitely an increase in volume.  I've taken the TimeFactor out of the chain and it still increase my volume on its own.  That can only point to the TimeFactor.  I have read about several others having the same volume increase on other forums that resulted in them sending the pedal back to Eventide and having it fixed.  I love this pedal and do not want to use any other delay.  I've tried changing the relays and the line selectors on the back but nothing helps.  I'm certain it has to be internal.  What could customer service do for me?

Thanks

Jordan

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I've spoken to Customer Support and they say that you've also been in touch with them and have given them information you've not given me. Annoying.

So, it sounds like the effects are increasing your volume, which some of them may do. This is unlikely to be a fault, more likely just the way the effects are. There may be some software changes which will help with this in the future.

Since you are already in touch with Support, feel free to contact them again. If your machine is still under warranty you may want to consider sending it in to be looked at, but my guess is that there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks Nick. I have emailed Jerome.  Thank you for your help.

Thanks

Jordan

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.