• Author
      danicstr

congratulations, excellent!
      thanks

termozzz

no faster speed rate mod (only in vintage, and this speed is not enough

so sad CryingSadBroken Heart

timothyhill

How fast do you need to go? Is there an example of the kind of speed/sound you're going for? Not to sound factitious, but since we're talking about modulation speed, have you tried the MF? It's higher settings are crazy fast and you can get a small amount of delay (

madmac
      Participant

not fast enough?  wow how much faster does it need to be to get the tone your after?  I would like to hear that song – must be some funky stuff going on?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

So Hey Guys,

Do you like the new Speed knob on Vintage Delay?  If it's a hit, I can port it over to the other effects,  If it's a miss we can change it further.  As I mentioned before my goal is to strike a balance between people who want lots of Speed while still making it easy to get good sounds for people that don't.  If I were to crank the speed up any further, I'd probably only want to do so on the ModDelay algorithm, unless there's an overwhelming request otherwise.

Dan

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Dan,

I am digging the new speed knob on the vintage, will have to play around to let you know if I feel it needs to go any faster.

So far a definite HIT for me!….. so thanks for it.

ikebrown

Are you gonna make a good usb editor…where we can name patches on …it would be quicker editing patch names etc! good update tho!! Smile

ikebrown

will you be adding new usb editor to change/ rename patches would be alot easier? but good update!

and also some kinda louder repeat delay function so its similar to the electro harmonix freeze? i can hear it already but could be louder

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Yes to the first question – later this year.

ikebrown

cool thanks for the reply! i didnt mean to ask the same question twice …puter was playing up

caveman
      Participant

TF and PF both updated flawlessly with Snow Leopard.. The volume control is greatly appreciated.  The tape saturation enhancement as well.

timothyhill

For me, the new speed is more than sufficient. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a hair more depth… it doesn't go quite as far as my EH DMM, but that's more than I'd ever use. I still like the depth on the TF vintage delay, it's enough for me, but I do run it full up, or almost full, so I wouldn't mind having a little more wiggle room. But, as before, it's already enough for anything I want to do.

hywelg

Not long now thenBig Smile

damienl64

Saturation knob does not seem to have much effect.

I like the new speed but I think people are looking to get as close as possible to a DMM delay while in vibrato mode…I think making that an option on the mod delay would be better suited.

timothyhill

I think Isaiah4Autumn is onto something. I've got a fairly extensive collection of delays, but the TF is on my main pedalboard because it sounds great and is incredibly versatile. It's got the Eventide sound, which is definitely unique, and it never gets in the way of what I'm playing, like so many other delays do. However, when I think of delays, there are a few that come to mind. Tape delays = Echoplex… Analog delay = DMM… Digital delay = Boss DD3 or TC 2290. What makes the TF so good is that it can fairly accurately emulate all of those, all while doing its own thing. However, there are still a few things that could it could do better, like the seasick warble of the DMM's vibrato. For me, that's not important, but to some, I'm sure it is. I agree that there are a few iconic sounds that, if the TF could get closer to while still retaining its own signature sound, it could make the TF an even better pedal.

discospring

Thanks Eventide. I've just A/B'd the improved Vintage and Tape settings against pedals I've previously compared them against unfavourably. The V3 upgrade has reversed that judgement. All the modes sound great. Nice one!

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Thanks for your feedback guys

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.