Timefactor Volume dips when engaging Delay

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Volume dips when engaging Delay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      shadowfax2112
      Participant

Hello,

I’m a new timefactor user (I bought the H9 first and liked the delays so much I thought I needed a Timefactor as well).

I am using the latest beta firmware because i’m used to the H9 control software. 

I’m finding if I have Preset 1 engaged and then click Preset 2 the volume drops out for maybe half a second then returns to normal.

I am wondering if this is expected behaviour or an artifiact of the beta release? I downgraded to the earlier version 3 release and I didn’t notice the issue with the factory presets so maybe an issue with my preset and the beta firmware? Currently all my delay presets are from the H9 so downgrading is a bit of work but if that is the recommended fix I can do that.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. I usually switch the delay preset when doing a solo so the volume drop is, well, not musical.

Thanks,

Alan

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Hey Alan,

We're not noticing any major difference in preset loading speed or volume dropout on the latest build 5.2.0[6].  If anyting it may be a bit faster than in version 3 with the same dropout.

Loading from one preset/algorithm to the next can cause a perceived lag and volume drop depending on the settings.  Is there anyway you can do a controlled test, switching using the exact same presets but on the different OS versions?   It sounds like you're using custom presets vs Factory.  Also if your mix values are high say approaching 100%, you'll notice more of a dropout.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.