Timefactor volume drop

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor volume drop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kimmyl14
      Participant

I need help. My TF seems to have a huge drop in volume when active. First of all, I have already done a factory reset, tried all I/O combinations, and I only play in mono. When in relay bypass, I get the true volume. But when in active or in DSP bypass the volume change is noticeable.

Here is my usual chain:

Guitar – SP Comp -TS Mini – BB Preamp – Zoom G3xn – Timefactor – DI to Mix

Here are the combinations that I tested for possible troubleshoot:

Guitar – OD – [Guitar Input] Timefactor [Amp Output] – Amp

Guitar – Zoom G3xn [Amp sim w/ Cab sim] – [Guitar Input] Timefactor [Line Output] – Earphones

Again, only true bypass really gives me the true volume. Shouldn’t DSP give me also the same volume?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      kimmyl14 wrote:

Shouldn’t DSP give me also the same volume?

DSP might have a different volume. If you want to use the relay bypass and match the dry/wet level perfectly, you need to change the output level of each preset and save them.

Please also check the input level switch in the back. This will definitely have an effect. Both of those switches need to be set to the same level "type" so that DSP bypass and relay bypass will have identical levels.

Guitar – Zoom G3xn [Amp sim w/ Cab sim] – [Guitar Input] Timefactor [Line Output] – Earphones  – This chain would have problems. The output is set to LINE OUT.

Guitar – OD – [Guitar Input] Timefactor [Amp Output] – Amp – This chain should be ok. The input and output levels match.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Further to Bohan's suggestions, can you just try guitar->TF->amp, with both switches set to guitar and tell us what happens ?

Make sure you are using both input 1 and output 1.

kimmyl14
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Further to Bohan’s suggestions, can you just try guitar->TF->amp, with both switches set to guitar and tell us what happens ?

Okay, I will try this and update. Thank you for this.

bohan wrote:

DSP might have a different volume. If you want to use the relay bypass and match the dry/wet level perfectly, you need to change the output level of each preset and save them.

Guitar – Zoom G3xn [Amp sim w/ Cab sim] – [Guitar Input] Timefactor [Line Output] – Earphones  – This chain would have problems. The output is set to LINE OUT.

I guess if I really want to match the true level then I’d have to increase my preset volumes and stick to Relay. Hope that I’d be able to resolve the issue so that I could stick to DSP+Effects bypass. Unfortunately, the volume drop is huge especially in direct. 

Guitar In and Line Out gave me the loudest output yet still below the relay bypass. Other combination were really really low in volume. I can compensate by amp, but the sound guy in direct says that my volume was already at max.

Anyways, if I find out that TF to amp had no loss in volume then is there any way to compensate with my current setup? Is it the Zoom’s fault? Though ending the chain at Zoom is the volume I am looking for which is still the relay bypassed volume. Maybe there’s a connection with Zoom’s DSP and Tf’s DSP? Hope to update you with TF to amp setup.

kimmyl14
      Participant

Update:

There is no volume drop when Guitar-TF-Amp. So I suspect conflict with other pedals. Is there a maximum volume that the TF can take?

With my current setup is there workaround? I could see putting a Db boost at the end of the chain but I may just return the unit and try something else.

Thanks for the help!

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        kimmyl14 wrote:

Update:

There is no volume drop when Guitar-TF-Amp. So I suspect conflict with other pedals. Is there a maximum volume that the TF can take?

If you overdrive the TF you would get noticeable distortion, so probably not the cause.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.