TimeFactor Will Not Update?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor Will Not Update?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      DMareco

Basically this is whats happening.  I hold down the middle button and power the TF on then I run the udate utility.  I follow all the instructions correctly.  The problem is once the software starts "writing" it only gets to 1% somtimes 5% and once it got to 20% completion but then it stops and the TF says "ready" but this can't be, whats going on?  Can anyone help me figure this out?

i am having the same issue

drooney

Hi MDamerco and Sheepforwheat,

If you haven't done so already, please just delete the currently installed EUU that you have. For Windows: my computer>C drive>Program Files>Eventide. Here you will find the "update utility" folder, and delete it.
      For Mac: Find Eventide Update Utility in your applications folder and trash it.

Then visit the Timefactor Support page and reinstall the EUU. Reattempt to install the OS. If the unit is currently on version 1.1 or earlier, it is then necessary to hold down the middlefootswitch to place the unit into "update" mode.

If attempting to update the OS again you find the issue remains, please confirm and I will open tickets for you and assist you both directly offline.

yongling

Hi there, I have the very same issue too. I've tried a million times to no avail. Please help!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Please read the post READ THIS –
      Problems with Update Utility

If none of this helps, you will need to use a different computer. If this does not work, contact support@eventide.com

nicocaumon
      Participant

Hi !

Almost 2 years have passed since your message, but I got that issue now…

I've just recieved my TF. I wanted to update to V3, but it crashed… Now I can't use the pedal, the only way to turn it on is "update" mode, but all the updates crash at the "write" step….

I've tried on 2 PCs, my Mac, and with usb and midi interface, and after more than 30 times, it still doesnt work… Got te EUU 1.6.1

Got any solution ? I have a row of shows to perform really shortly

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like you've tried most things – you should contact support@eventtide.com

I am having the same problem with my Pitch Factor.  Been using it for my sax – and it works great.  Went to update to V3 and it had error while trying to write (downloaded, erased OK, then about 20% through write it stopped).  would'nt boot back up.  Tried in update mode – same thing.  Tried on another computer – same thing.

Now, can't get it to work at all . . .

Nick – please help. 

I love the Pitchfactor – was using a digitech vocal effects 300 – but tracking had lag.  This sounds perfect and no lag.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sadly there are only a limited number of suggestions:

Make sure you have the latest version of the update utility

Disconnect as many other USB cables as you can

Do not run any other applications (especially Web Browsers) during the upgrade.

Try different computers and cables.

If all else fails, try support@eventide.com (floods permitting).

nicocaumon
      Participant

Hi !!

I had a success by updating my mac OS to the last version. As it was done, it worked perfectly…

Keep the faith !!!!!

I have tried it on 3 computers now (Windows 7, Visa and XP) with 2 different cables with no success.  When I try to update with V3 – it writes to about 23%.  If I try the earlier one – it only writes to about 7%.

Wayne

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like you need to try my last suggestion. Sorry.

Thanks Nick –

I appreciate your suggestions – I had tried them.  I'll wait to hear from support  (floods permitting).

Wayne

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.