TimeFactor wouldn’t power up, then powered up after a few minutes

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor wouldn’t power up, then powered up after a few minutes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It could still be a power supply problem, but it does sound like some internal hardware issue.

I would suggest that you return to sender.

txbdan
      Participant

Unfortunately, its a “sold as is” sort of thing.   How does the power circuit of this work? Sounds like there’s a relay in there. Maybe its sticking?

Hopefully it keeps working. Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The relay is for bypass – it is not part of the power supply.

The actual power supply is electronic and quite complex, a mix of linear and switching.

txbdan
      Participant

Hi all,

I just picked up a used TimeFactor. It worked great for a few days. I even connected it to my account via USB and checked the fw, etc. It already had the latest. It continued working fine for several hours after that.

Today i went to turn on my rig (all my equipment is on a APC surge protector that was switched off overnight) and everything powered up except the TimeFact. It was just dead. I swapped power supplie with my Space and the Space worked fine on either supply. I repeated plugging and unplugging the power on the TimeFactor with both supplies at least a dozen times, no luck. Seemed dead.

I then brought it up to my desk to see if connecting a USB cable would do anything. Nope, still dead. Then as it sat on my desk for a good 5min plugged in, it suddenly powered up. I unplugged, plugged and the second time there way maybe a 3second delay and then it powered up. After that i tested atleast a dozen power cycles and it powered up instantly/properly each time. Currently its working.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks,

Dan

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.