TimeFactor XMT Map stops sending MIDI message

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor XMT Map stops sending MIDI message

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ericberumen

I run my Line 6 M9 slaved to my TF. The TF has a MIDI cable going from it's OUT to the IN of the M9. It works perfectly from 1:1 all the way up to 12:1……after that the M9 no longer receives MIDI messages from TF. This is no bueno.

Can any staff members help with this?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Unclear what MIDI messages you are talking about. Assuming that you mean Program Change, look at the TX MIDImap and make sure it shows what you would expect.

ericberumen

Yes a program change. Every TF preset up to 12:1 changes the scene on the M9, but why does it stop changing the scene at 12:2?? I checked the Rec MAP and the XMT Map and I assigned each preset starting from MIDI program number 1 to 100. IE: 1:1 = 1 1:2= 2 and so on…..

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think this may be an issue with the M9. The fact that, as far as I know,  the M9 only has 24 (4*6) patches and it stops working at 12:2 suggests that this may be the case.

You should probably talk to them – we are not experts on their fine products.

See also http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/7498/gsystem-line-6-m9-are-they-midi-compatible/ for more discussion on this topic, especially the comment by Mr jaded1592.

ericberumen

AH! Well that makes sense! Geeze. Thanks so much.

ericberumen

Ok. Now another problem. My Timefactor used to send BPM clock to my M9. That is no longer the case. What setting do I need to change? Thanks in advance. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure MIDI/OUTPUT is set to XMT and MIDI/CLK OUT is set to ON.

ericberumen

Those setting were as you suggested. What else could it be? Also what is CLK FLT?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Can't think of anything else. Check cables and M9 settings.

CLK FLT is a filter used when you are receiving a bad MIDICLOCK.

ericberumen

I suspect the cable too. Any brands you recommend for MIDI cables? Thanks so much for the help.  

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

MIDI cables are fairly uncritical unless they are long. The main risk is that what looks like a MIDI cable may be mis-wired, broken, or some kind of incompatible audio cable.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.