to send a MIDI start signal from SPACE to Moog MuRF.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes to send a MIDI start signal from SPACE to Moog MuRF.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      HaloHalo0407

Hi there, 
      I completed my pedal board and find out my favorite setting recently, though I hope I can make them work more subtle and precisely.

My signal path mainly go from a timefactor (TF) to SPACE, then a moog midi MuRF. With a common TRS aux footswitch the TF and SPACE can simultaneous tempo-tapped, at the same time MuRF received a midi signal from SPACE (midi clock on and output on) letting the "RATE" of MuRF synchronized with SPACE. 

pic of my setup

It's frustrating to me setting the midi with limited midi knowledge, but the result make me feel better. Now the TF, SPACE, MuRF can work in the same tempo as simply tapon the aux switch. But the most important thing haven't complete. The MuRF have a "pattern" running all the time, like a drum machine, and the length of pattern will depend on what user preset, maybe 2 bars of 4/4 even 7 bars of 3/4. So when you toggle on the MuRF, you probably cannot catch the head of the pattern, may need some time to get back the feel of the "pattern" rhythm. Thus, I need to find out a method to reset the MuRF's pattern back to it's starting point.

The MuRF's manual said that a "Midi Start Signal" will do this perfectly, the pattern would reset to the beginning as MuRF received the signal, but, I don't know how to let the SPACE send this out. (With my limited midi knowledge, I don't know whether the description is correct.)  

In a nutshell, I need SPACE to send out a midi signal that can make the Moog midi MuRF reset pattern back to start point. If it could be done by toggling the aux switch will be great.

Thanks!!

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      a "Midi Start Signal" will do this perfectly, the pattern would reset to the beginning as MuRF received the signal, but, I don't know how to let the SPACE send this out.

None of the 'Factor stompboxes currently transmit or receive System Real Time commands [Start; Stop; Continue].  Space's MIDI Implementation Chart  [page 48 in the manual] spells out the details.

That would be a nice addition for control over some of the more rhythmic effects (For example: the sequencing and Restart functions in the PitchFactor's Harpeggiator.)  It might also help to clean up some of the clock sync problems reported while changing a few BPM.

As for an immediate solution, you may have to add on a capable device (almost any drum machine, an inline MIDI footswitch device, compact MIDI sequencer, etc.).

HaloHalo0407

Huge THX!!  I'll try to solve it by getting an external device with MuRF.

Thanks again!  ðŸ˜€ 

JBoul
      Participant
      brock wrote:

None of the ‘Factor stompboxes currently transmit or receive System Real Time commands [Start; Stop; Continue].  Space’s MIDI Implementation Chart  [page 48 in the manual] spells out the details.

Hi,

is it still true today? 

I mean those stompboxes are awsome and very powerful concerning midi : program change, midi clock out etc. A very very comprehensive tool. 

BUT… I can’t synchronise my moog mother 32 with my space stompboxe. Apparently this is due to the fact that there is no start message from the pedal.

I read on a forum that it could send a start message when tap tempo is activated, but it doesn’t work. 

The synchronisation works very well whith my Arturia micro brute, Roland spdsx and my others pedals but my moog hardware needs a start message… 

Do I have to buy a Molten Voltage master control (which actually does the excat same thing concerning midi than the Space) only for the start fonction? 

I accidentely synchronise the Space and the Mother 32 when I used the dump function (all). But I know that it’s not the correct way.. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.