Tone Impact of Pre Post Routing for H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tone Impact of Pre Post Routing for H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mustafaicil
      Participant

Is anyone using pre post routing live? Any latency or tonal loss issues due to the A/D/A conversion happening twice?

camn
      Participant

I use it.

My tone is monster. I have noticed no issues.

And are you sure it converts twice? If i were eventide..I’d use true bypass on the unused I/o. I’ve never looked into it though. .

mustafaicil
        Participant
        camn wrote:
        I use it. My tone is monster. I have noticed no issues. And are you sure it converts twice? If i were eventide..I’d use true bypass on the unused I/o. I’ve never looked into it though. .

I am sure that it does A/D/A conversion twice since this is something that have been discussed earlier in this forum.

camn
      Participant

Probably its true then!

My tone still crushes. 

Styrioci

If i remember correctly DSP bypass is used in pre/post mode. There are no separate relays for every ins and outs, so it’s not possible to bypass only one side of the pedal with relay bypass.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        styrioci wrote:
        If i remember correctly DSP bypass is used in pre/post mode. There are no separate relays for every ins and outs, so it's not possible to bypass only one side of the pedal with relay bypass.

This is correct. The hardware was designed long before we implemented pre/post.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.