Tracking Hotsaws Bass

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tracking Hotsaws Bass

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      AAgnello
      Eventide Staff
      GLN82 wrote:

Why is the Hotsaws tracking so terrible on bass guitar?

Anything other than really long slow notes does not work at all.

It's just unuseable right now, it;s a pitty cause it sounds amazing and I would love to use it.

Is there anything I can do to make it better? maybe some settings I missed?

Do you have it set for bass mode? Page 43 of User Guide 

GLN82

Why is the Hotsaws tracking so terrible on bass guitar?

Anything other than really long slow notes does not work at all.

It’s just unuseable right now, it;s a pitty cause it sounds amazing and I would love to use it.

Is there anything I can do to make it better? maybe some settings I missed?

GLN82
      Yes it’s set to bass mode.

Here’s a quick recording:

Just as a reference of what I think is decent tracking I also recorded the phrase once with my boss oc-2(from 1983)

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

OK. Thanks. Maybe that's the best we can do. Russell plays bass but he's away. I but he'll have something to say about this when he gets back.

Wallower

Love my H9s but have to agree that the Hotsaws bass tracking ain’t a strong suit. Ended up nabbing a Future Impact and happier with it’s tracking.  If the Hotsaws bass tracking could be improved that’d be cool!

echicago

I’m finding the same thing, the tracking is unusually poor. Ive been using the H9 on bass since it’s release & normally find it to be very bass friendly. I know it’s not settings, instruments, cables or any of the other usual problems because all the other algorithms work fine, as they always have. Not sure what the problem is.
      Thanks, Ed R

nr92cp
      Participant

Just wanted to give this a quick bump to see if anyone else in the Even-crew had thoughts on this. I finally picked up an H9 yesterday and I’m as impressed with the Pitchfactor tracking as I am frustrated by the Hotsawz tracking- which is to say, quite a bit. Even playing slowly and monophonically, notes wander all over the place and are generally unusable, which is a shame because the sound quality is great when it locks in.

nr92cp
      Participant

Well folks, sometimes it’s just user error. Turns out in my haste to try the H9 out I hadn’t switched it over to bass mode. Made a huge difference. Check this first if you run into the same issue.

Herr Mosa
      Participant

I’m kind of satisfied with the hotsawz tracking on bass. You have to deliver stable fundamentals with enough gain and fast 16th notes will not really work. Maybe the tracking will improve with a compressor in front of it?  The bass in the recording above is not too fat imho…

Bodde
      Participant

Yes I agree the tracking of Hotsaws can be better. Also for guitar and especially for bass. I was also trying the (old) octaver algo again this week and I felt the same. When switching to bass mode it helps a little but still the octave tracking could be better. I now use the Skulpt algo for octaver sounds which has a little bit better tracking.

GLN82
      nr92cp wrote:
      Well folks, sometimes it’s just user error. Turns out in my haste to try the H9 out I hadn’t switched it over to bass mode. Made a huge difference. Check this first if you run into the same issue.

Is the hotsaws tracking working good for you on bass? Mine was in bass mode all along and the tracking is not useable as you can hear in the recording i posted.

Let me know if yours is any better

GLN82
      Herr Mosa wrote:

I’m kind of satisfied with the hotsawz tracking on bass. You have to deliver stable fundamentals with enough gain and fast 16th notes will not really work. Maybe the tracking will improve with a compressor in front of it?  The bass in the recording above is not too fat imho…

Thanks for the reply!

The bass is not fat because its coming from a very small speaker at low volume recorded into an iphone..the h9 doesn’t know that;p

The point of the recording is to show that my h9 isn’t able to track a very simple root, fifth, octave and back pattern.

So my question is: can yours track what i’m playing in the recording? if so, how?

Thanks!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.