Tracking issue with the H9 octaver

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tracking issue with the H9 octaver

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Stax_911
      Participant

Hello,

I am saxophonist and I use the H9 to create nice horn sections.

I've got a real tracking problem with the octaver : it is not able to follow my notes (some yes but other not). The strangest thing, I've got no problem with other Pitchfactor algorithms like Diatonic or Synthonizer. Their are just working perfectly.

So what is the problem with the octaver ? Is it possible to adjust is sensibility so that he can work with my microphone signal ?

My gear : two microphones, one piezo pickup and one normal microphone.

Thank you for your help.

S.G.

Stax_911
      Participant

Hello,

Somebody can help me please ? Have you ever experienced the same tracking problem with the Octaver's algo ?

Thank you

S.G.

gkellum
      Participant

I asked the guy who originally worked on this algorithm about its tracking (Dan), and he said:

The Octaver works differently than other pitch shifters.  It's more like an old school analog clock divider.  If it's not tracking well, try to get a higher level into it and turn the tone knob to a darker tone.

In general it also tracks lower notes better than higher ones.

Stax_911
      Participant

Thank you gkellum for your answer (and Dan of course). I will try this solution.

I have and other question : if I don't solve my tracking problem with the Octaver what other Pitchfactor's algo could replace it to create a good saxophone octaver ? Diatonic with one or two octave down, pitch flex, synthonizer, H910/H949 ?

Do somebody among the Pitchfactor's users have tested it ?

Thanks

Stef

matcaster
      Participant

i wish you could update the algorithm to track as well as my EHX micro-Pog.

Stax_911
      Participant

Yeah I wish too ! How could a micro-Pog work better than a Pitchfactor ?

Gkellum do you know something about an update ? Maybe Dan could come back to work on it 😉

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.