Transfering H9 presets from one computer to another?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Transfering H9 presets from one computer to another?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Bodde
      Participant

I have a computer and a laptop both with H9 control. Mostly I make my presets on my computer and save it in algorithm section (so not on the H9 itself). I always bring my laptop to rehearsals and gigs and I want to have the same presets on my laptop that I have made on my computer.

What is the easiest way to transfer the presets (that are not saved on the H9 itself) from my computer to my laptop? And also: is there a way to sync H9 Control on two computers?

Bodde
      Participant

Is exporting presets the only option? It is a PITA to export all the presets from my computer and import them again in my laptop. Is there a simpler less time consuming way?

gkellum
      Participant

At the moment no.  The best solution would be for us to add support to a 3rd party data synchronization service like iCloud or Dropbox to H9 Control, but we haven't looked into the various options for doing so yet.

smalsbury
        gkellum wrote:

At the moment no.  The best solution would be for us to add support to a 3rd party data synchronization service like iCloud or Dropbox to H9 Control, but we haven’t looked into the various options for doing so yet.

Would you guys consider looking into an option for this? Should I repost in the requests thread?

gkellum
        Participant
        smalsbury wrote:

Would you guys consider looking into an option for this? Should I repost in the requests thread?

There's no need to repost it.  We've already put this in the wish list document that we maintain…

smalsbury
        gkellum wrote:

There’s no need to repost it.  We’ve already put this in the wish list document that we maintain…

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing that implemented. Thanks.

Bodde
      Participant

ok, thanks. Is there a way to import multiple presets at once? Tried to import the presets but could only select one at a time for import. Or is it better to save them as a preset list and then import it on my laptop?

gkellum
      Participant

Well, there are functions under Settings for exporting all of your presets or importing all of your presets, but importing presets using that function won't overwrite your current presets which bothers some people b/c you end up with duplicates. Since you're importing them onto your computer, you could just delete the directory holding your user presets, and then importing wouldn't lead you to end up with a bunch of duplicates. But keeping your presets in a single preset list might actually be an easier way to go about things if that works for you.

gkellum
      Participant

Now that I think about it, we have under settings a screen called 'Reset Settings'.  We should add a function there for deleting all of your user preset and preset lists. That would make it easier to keep two devices in sync.  You could export all your stuff from one device, delete your stuff on the device you want to import into, and then import your stuff from that other device.  

Bodde
      Participant

gkellum:

Now that I think about it, we have under settings a screen called 'Reset Settings'.  We should add a function there for deleting all of your user preset and preset lists. That would make it easier to keep two devices in sync.  You could export all your stuff from one device, delete your stuff on the device you want to import into, and then import your stuff from that other device.  

I think that is an excellent idea! thanks for thinking along with me….

Bodde
      Participant

Thanfs for putting it in the wish list document! Would be a great addition if we could make and save our presets in the algoritm section on one computer and that the H9 control on your other computer and the Iphone app would synchronize. That would save you a lot of time of transfering the presets manually.

Also I am not sure how to transfer the presets from a computer to the H9 app?

gkellum
        Participant
        bodde wrote:

Also I am not sure how to transfer the presets from a computer to the H9 app?

I'm assuming you mean from a computer to the iOS version of H9 Control.  Well, you can export inidividual presets or preset lists in the Preset and Preset List screens, and you can export all of your presets and/or preset lists in the Export screen under Settings.  You can email yourself the resulting file, open the email on an iOS device, and right click on the file to open it in H9 Control.  

peevman
      Participant

I own two H9’s on two pedal boards. They each have their own unique preset lists. How do I copy a preset I made from one H9 and transfer it to my other H9?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.