Tricerachorus and Blackhole connecting issue!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tricerachorus and Blackhole connecting issue!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ErickMercury
      Participant

HellO ::

I am wanting to connect the Tricerachorus  stereo OUT to TRS cable INPUT to Blackhole.

I notice that when Black hole is n bypass the chorus sounds not stereo and almost gone on the right side of the stereo field.

Does the Chorus ‘have’ to be in a mono setting? Why can’t I have  the stereo of the Chorus pedal with the Blackhole reverb in stereo as well?

I am using a TRS 1/4 cable. Please help..

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi ErickMercury,

Is your Blackhole set for stereo operation?

ErickMercury
      Participant

yes.

stereo button is on from Tracer and stereo button is on for blackhole.

Two  1/4 cable out  to 1/4 trs stereo  ( same chord splitter)

into the input and two 1/4 out from blackhole to mixer for left/right

ErickMercury
      Participant

How can I connect true stereo Tricerachorus into the true stereo of the Blackhole?

Is there specific TRS cables needed?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

yes. stereo button is on from Tracer and stereo button is on for blackhole. Two 1/4 cable out to 1/4 trs stereo ( same chord splitter) into the input and two 1/4 out from blackhole to mixer for left/right

Are you connecting your guitar to TriceraChorus first because if you are, TriceraChorus’s input should be set to mono, not stereo.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

How can I connect true stereo Tricerachorus into the true stereo of the Blackhole? Is there specific TRS cables needed?

Any insert cable (TRS to dual TS) from Tri-C to Blackhole will do. Regular 1/4” cables from Blackhole to your console will work. But again, if you’re connecting to TriceraChorus’s input, that cable needs to be TS and the pedal’s input should be set to MONO.

ErickMercury
      Participant

ok so if I want to connect another processor that has two outputs (boss gt 100) to the Tricera…Ill need TRS cables for this I want to the stereo out put of the floorboards to also be aligned with stereo input of the Tricera  (stereo button on?) and then TRS cable to Blackhole (stereo button on?)

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes.

ErickMercury
      Participant

lastly – and thank you for helping with this.

Any recommendation for the appropriate TRS spot cables Eventide would recommend?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

There isn’t an official Eventide recommendation but I like using:

Creation Music Company: https://creationmusiccompany.com/collections/trs-dual-mono-patch

West Coast Pedalboard: https://westcoastpedalboard.com/product/trs-to-dual-mono-insert-cable/

EBS Flat patch: https://ebssweden.com/content2/accessories/patch-cables-connectors/

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.