Tricerachorus Detune?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tricerachorus Detune?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      eruption77
      Participant

Apologies if this has been answered already, but I couldn’t find the specific answer I’m looking for.

Regarding the Micropitch Detune in the Tricerachorus algorithm on an H9… I’m wondering what specific model harmonizer the detune in this algo was ported over from?  H3000 Micropitch, or H949 and earlier?

Thanks very much!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi eruption77, great question! The Detune on TriceraChorus is a derivative of the algorithm from the H3000. It’s simplified in that the pitch shifting on each side occurs at the same increment in opposite directions (up to -40/+40 etc) and there’s no delay, only pitch shifting.

eruption77
      Participant

Thank you very much for the detail–much appreciated!

I’ve been using a +/- 9c detune and 10ms delay on the Micropitch algo for years now to achieve ‘that’ sound.  Tonight, I basically turned off all chorusing parameters on Tricerachorus and dialed in the same detune values.  To my ears, I think it sounded better using the Tricerachorus algo vs. the H3000 Micropitch for some reason.  Maybe it’s in my head, but going back and forth between my two presets, despite having the same detune values, I think I prefer the Tricerachorus preset.  Guessing the Tricerachorus delay only applies if chorusing is on, and not to the detune.  Maybe the lack of that very short delay is the difference.

Thanks again!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Sometimes simplifying things is better!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.