Trying to create a repeat or delay setting that will repeat back a preset set length when the aux switch is engaged

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Trying to create a repeat or delay setting that will repeat back a preset set length when the aux switch is engaged

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      davebrubaker
      Participant

As an example let’s say I set the repeat to 1/4 notes and hold the aux switch down so I get 3 rerpeats at the original volume. Next time I might hold the switch down to get 6 repeats, or what ever I choose. The length of the sample is determined by the tempo and repeat seetting. How many times it repeats is determined by the hold switch. This way the timing is always consistant and in tempo. The footswitch simply controls the number of repeats for as long as you hold it down. It would be ideal if the repeats didn’t decay.

I’m assuming this is possible. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

brock
      Participant

Off the top of my head, I’m thinking the UltraTap algorithm (MultiTap is a fixed 5 repeats).

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/algorithms/ultratap

Ignore & zero out all of the controls except MIX, LENGTH, & TAPS.  Set TEMPO = ON.

Adjust TAPS to the maximum amount of repeats you’ll ever want.  Divide that number of repeats into the overall delay LENGTH, for 1/4 Note on each repeat.  Tie the aux switch to MIX, and momentarily shift from a 0 value to 50 (or whatever MIX delay level is appropriate).

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      davebrubaker wrote:

I'm assuming this is possible. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Are you talking about H9 or TimeFactor? On TimeFactor, you can use the middle footswitch to repeat the delay. On H9, you can map your aux switch to "Performance Switch (aka Middle Footswitch)". You can do the mapping on the unit or in H9 Control (Pedal Settings -> Aux Switch Mappings)

davebrubaker
      Participant

Thanks for the reply guys. Looking forward to giving this a try. Probably won’t have a chance to dig into it until the weekend. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.