Trying to get a space echo 201 sound

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Trying to get a space echo 201 sound

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wooly84

hi guys I’m wondering if anybody can help me I’m currently using the TimeFactor and the space stomp boxes

I’m wondering does anybody have any Preset information to getting a Roland space Echo 201 sound from these

Been messing around for days but can’t quite get it

Thanks guys

brock
      Participant

I can’t help with actual presets at the moment, but I can point you in the general direction.  I’d start with the QuadraVox, UltraTap, or Resonator algorithms, over the MultiTap one.  You’re really not going to get the ‘wow & flutter’ or tone, like you would in the Tape Echo algo (which would work, for one or two [ ECHO ] patterns).

DELAY D or LENGTH would be at a 3 second maximum [ REPEAT RATE ].  There’s no [ INTENSITY ] in QuadraVox, but you can ‘simulate’ that in UltraTap (with ‘extra’ TAPS and TAPER), or use FEEDBACK (FB:1) in Resonator.  For the RE-201 EQ, UltraTap has TONE, and Resonator features HP & LP filters in NOTE 1,2,3,4 (RESONANCE at 0).  Both can somewhat emulate the spring-ish reverb positions (SLURM or REVERB, respectively),

[ TWIST ] on the digital reissue could be mapped by expression pedal settings.  And now, on to the important part: The 12-position [ MODE SELECTOR ] switch, plus 3-head configurations.  You’ll want to limit to the 3 heads / TAPS, in various on-off combinations, with or without reverb, up to 3 seconds long (for the 3rd head).

Here’s an earlier thread that may help, but with a focus on four taps to the delay line.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/28125#comment-28125

Hermetech
      Participant

Sound wise, closest to the orginal is obviously gonna be the Tape Echo algorithm, you have the Saturtaion, Wow, Flutter, and Filter to play with. I’ve made some nice delays for guitar with this algorithm, but it doesn’t really sound like my old RE-201.

lakitaman
      Participant
      Wooly84 wrote:
      hi guys I’m wondering if anybody can help me I’m currently using the TimeFactor and the space stomp boxes I’m wondering does anybody have any Preset information to getting a Roland space Echo 201 sound from these Been messing around for days but can’t quite get it Thanks guys

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.