Tuner as a preset

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tuner as a preset

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      kingston
      Participant

Is it possible to activated the tuner on the H9 as preset?
      It might be easier than rattling around cc messages, which I can’t make my H9/G2 to do.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      kingston wrote:
      Is it possible to activated the tuner on the H9 as preset? It might be easier than rattling around cc messages, which I can’t make my H9/G2 to do.

No. Tuner cannot be assigned as a preset. Besides MIDI CC, you can also assign a MIDI PC message, or use an aux switch to toggle the tuner.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I use an external Aux switch to toggle the tuner easily as shown in this video: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/videos/h9-quick-tips-tuner

With regards to using CC to toggle the tuner, did you assign a MIDI CC to the "toggle tuner" option under the MIDI CC Receive Map using H9 Control? You find it under the "Pedal" page > MIDI Settings > Assign MIDI CC Messages > Toggle Tuner. Assign it a controler number. Once that is set, you need to program your MIDI controller to send the CC change on the MIDI channel of the H9 in question whenever you press the controller's footswitch. Some MIDI controllers allow you to connect an external switch to it for this purpose, so that you're not wasting a preset button for engaging the tuner.

kjellace
        Participant

hi

i have a aux switch conected, but i have to tap it twice to engage the tuner. Do you know why? i have tried with two different aux pedals

Kjell

joecozzi wrote:

I use an external Aux switch to toggle the tuner easily as shown in this video: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/videos/h9-quick-tips-tuner

With regards to using CC to toggle the tuner, did you assign a MIDI CC to the “toggle tuner” option under the MIDI CC Receive Map using H9 Control? You find it under the “Pedal” page > MIDI Settings > Assign MIDI CC Messages > Toggle Tuner. Assign it a controler number. Once that is set, you need to program your MIDI controller to send the CC change on the MIDI channel of the H9 in question whenever you press the controller’s footswitch. Some MIDI controllers allow you to connect an external switch to it for this purpose, so that you’re not wasting a preset button for engaging the tuner.

mustafaicil
      Participant

I think I found a way. In the H9 app MIDI settings, there is a section to assign PC# commands to Enable Tuner and also assign other MIDI PC# mappings similar to AUX switch mappings. I could not try it yet since I do not have a MIDI controller to test it with.

knna

Hi, I use h9 control when I play live. When I change the preset I can see the settings. Would it be possible that when I use the tuner it appears on the screen? It would be a great help.

Thank you very much, Regards.

camn
      Participant

Side note, just to shitpost- Why on earth is the default not

PC0 = tuner.

PC1= Preset 1….

PC99= preset 99?

It took me forever to re-assign all those.

/shitpost

birthofahero
      Participant

How is the tuner on the h9 compared to something super accurate like a turbo Tuner?

camn
      Participant

It is sufficient.

gas hed
      Participant

Hi there folks – can someone point me in the direction of an auxilary switch for easy tuner access?  What, where, cost?  Thanks!

camn
      Participant

Any n.o. momentary switch will work.

A lot of people use the Tesla Tap, but honestly anything.

Making your own out of parts costs, like, $10 tops.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      kjellace wrote:

hi

i have a aux switch conected, but i have to tap it twice to engage the tuner. Do you know why? i have tried with two different aux pedals

Please check to see that the aux switch is not accidentally mapped to more than one device. If you use H9 Control, go to PEDAL>Aux Swith Mappings – Make sure that whatever is mapped to "Toggle Tuner" is not somewhere else, too.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      camn wrote:

Side note, just to shitpost- Why on earth is the default not

PC0 = tuner.

PC1= Preset 1….

PC99= preset 99?

It took me forever to re-assign all those.

This is just because in developers' minds, 0 represents the first index in a list. Personally I admit this was a mistake that Eventide made. But hey, at least we made all MIDI messages assignable so you already fixed it.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      birthofahero wrote:
      How is the tuner on the h9 compared to something super accurate like a turbo Tuner?

I find it accurate and use it all the time. But maybe you wanna hear from some other users as well.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.