Turn and Bypass preset via midi

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Turn and Bypass preset via midi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Savvy_David

I think I’ve just worked it out. I went into the app and gave the toggle bypass and activate in the midi assigns area to CC# 102.  Now when I give it a value of 0 on that CC# 102 it activates it and any other number deativates it.  Not what I’m used to but it seems to work. Unless anyone can advise how I can set the off state to a value of my choisce?

Savvy_David

I did this with ease when I had my Strymons but I can’t get my H9 presets to turn on or Bypass using my Boss Es 5. I can get it to change presets but not bypass them if required. I used CC# 102, value 127 to turn on and CC# 102, value 0 to bypass with the strymons. Am I missing something?

gkellum
      Participant

Try using the 'Left footswitch option' instead.  I think it does what you want.

Savvy_David

No that’s two stomps I’d have to do then wouldn’t it. All I want is my Boss ES 5 to engage the preset or not. It was a simple command with my Strymons. Starting to think I should’ve stuck with them 🙁

gkellum
      Participant

Sorry just reading your message again I think I originally misunderstood what you were asking.  There is a pedal function to activate a preset and a pedal function to bypass a preset.  It sounds like you want to use the bypass pedal function.

Savvy_David
        gkellum wrote:

Sorry just reading your message again I think I originally misunderstood what you were asking.  There is a pedal function to activate a preset and a pedal function to bypass a preset.  It sounds like you want to use the bypass pedal function.

Sorry I’m going to need a bit more info as to how to do that really ?

Savvy_David
        Savvy_David wrote:
        gkellum wrote:

Sorry I’m going to need a bit more info as to how to do that really ?

What info do you need?

camn
      Participant

you just assign whatever CC you want to whtever you want in H9 control.

Its under “Pedal–>MIDI Settings”

camn
      Participant

Ha ha I take it back. I missed your second post.

I think you need to switch your ES5 to a gate/control mode.. not a toggle mode. The H9 almost always just wants a positive cc value to activate a function. 

IIRC, It sees a, like, 63-127 as engaging the switch, and 0-63 as releasing. This is especially key to preserve if you want the performance switch function to work correctly. Sending 127 with one press and 0 with the next is suboptimal

The boss should be able to do it.. but if it cant.. you can also use PC messages to toggle bypass/active.. which should be foolproof.

Savvy_David
        camn wrote:

Ha ha I take it back. I missed your second post.

I think you need to switch your ES5 to a gate/control mode.. not a toggle mode. The H9 almost always just wants a positive cc value to activate a function. 

IIRC, It sees a, like, 63-127 as engaging the switch, and 0-63 as releasing. This is especially key to preserve if you want the performance switch function to work correctly. Sending 127 with one press and 0 with the next is suboptimal

The boss should be able to do it.. but if it cant.. you can also use PC messages to toggle bypass/active.. which should be foolproof.

Ok thanks. So what PC messages can be sent as an alternative i.e. numbers etc?

camn
      Participant

Yeah! I don’t remember if there is a default for toggleing bypass…but you can assign them in the Midi setting in H9 control.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.