Two H9 in Windows Midi devices as “H9 Pedal”

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Two H9 in Windows Midi devices as “H9 Pedal”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ReverendLove
      Participant

In device manager or the list of midi devices in software (cubase, Sound Forge, Midi-OX…) two pedals have the same name. The mentioned programs select the pedal by coincidence. On reopen of a saved project the program opens the correct device with a chance of 1:1.
      That bugs me alot. Is there a way out of this kerfufle?

gkellum
      Participant
      ReverendLove wrote:
      In device manager or the list of midi devices in software (cubase, Sound Forge, Midi-OX…) two pedals have the same name.

What version of Windows do you have installed?  I'm not the best person to respond to Windows specific questions, but if I remember correctly, Windows XP has a problem with reading the names of USB Audio devices, but in later Windows operating systems the H9 appears with its serial number as its name.

ReverendLove
      Participant

I have Windows 10 prof. 64bit with the recent updates.

The H9 Control in Windows recognizes the pedals correctly under the given names H9-Max and H9-Core but neither the device manager nor applications which use MIDI do. They give both the same name “H9 Pedal”. And while H9 Control recognizes them via USB I wonder why the device manager doesn’t.

If I rename them according to H9 Control they are set back after restart both to “H9 Pedal” . Cubase for example grabs the first one initialized. Depending on the order of other USB devices and their activity it is unpredictable which one will be used. Because I automate them in my DAW I need to trust in the order or an exact naming of the devices.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

H9Control knows about these pedals, so it can tell the difference. DeviceManager and other non-Eventide applications do not. Sorry.

ReverendLove
      Participant

Bad. This is what I suspected. broken heart

But thanks for your answer anyway.

Probably you’ll find a way to solve this. heart

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.