U2 Shimmer?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes U2 Shimmer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      yes9310

With the inferior quality and noise of the Line 6 Tone Core stompboxes able to deliver the stunning U2 Shimmer on their Verbzilla reverb pedal with the Octo setting and the TimeFactor able to have patches with modulation, why couldn't it also have a patch or 2 with shimmer/Octo or even the ModFactor. I know shimmer is a picth shifting thing but if L6 can include it on their $150 reverb pedal why can't Eventide include it on their $400 delay or modulation pedals especailly when a large number of advanced delay users are after the U2 type sounds? Patch 8:1 "Where the Avenues Have No Name" just doesn't cut it for shimmer and the shimmer control on my ModFactor Chorus which I thought might get me there is not the same kind of shimmer. Come on guys thow us a bone. I don't want to shell out another $400 for a pitch machine next when I only want that one thing that both the TimeFactor & ModFactor should have in simple form. Thanks in advance for the update.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

I guess the answer will be that it is in PitchFactor … Crystals is the algorithom you are after.

it would be cool to have it in the mod or timefactor, but I doubt it will be done in an update, unfortunately.

Cheers

BMF

yes9310

Yeah I've heard that but that Crystals patch doesn't really sound much like it either unless there's some extensive knob tweaking involved in conjunction with it. I just want to kick it on and have it sounding like the shimmer or some cool spatial sound overtones that the Eclipse is capable of doing. To add a couple decent ones to the TF or MF wouldn't be giving away the store since the Eclipse has over 400 presets. Anything that needs tweaked usually gets lost on reset so unless it's already a stock patch I typically don't use it more than once and dont really like all that knob twiddling.

All in all though the patches on both the TimeFactor and ModFactor are pristine and gorgeous fulls studio quality!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

from what I understand shimmer effect can be acheived by using crystals and delay.

It would be great if it could be done in TimeFactor, I gues would be the prime candidate as it is not a milion miles away from band delays.

Cheers

BMF

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

in fact here is the reply when I asked about shimmer…..

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/5263/22300.aspx#22300

cheers

BMF

yes9310

Thanks BMF,

I'd be very interested to hear a more expanded demo of the Crystal patch because the demo sounds somewhat like a shimmer but with dual otave shimmers and tremolo added which I'd like to hear tamed down to a single straight shimmer a'la U2.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.