Ultra Channel Installation Problmes on OS X 10.9.3

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Ultra Channel Installation Problmes on OS X 10.9.3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      muckletone
      Participant

Hello Eventide and Eventide users,

Like many, i took advantage of this free offer, as i have never used Eventide Plugins in our studio, just the HW tools, we wanted to get a taste of Eventide software.

We are finding that the installer does open, but quickly moves to the spinning beach ball and must have a force quit done on it. We do have the iLok Lic Manager installed for our other software.

Has anyone else experienced this installation error, and if so, a known solution?

thanks in advance,

muckletone

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Muckletone,

We haven't heard any reports of that.  What is your OS?

Dan

muckletone
      Participant

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the reply, as mentioned in the subject, Apple OS X 10.9.3

thanks

muckletone

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi muckletone,

Sorry, I must have missed that.  We're not able to reproduce this here.  Are you running Avast or any antivirus software?  Sometimes these can cause problems with installers running.  It might be worthwhile to turn it off for the moment.

Dan

muckletone
      Participant

Good morning Dan,

And thanks again for your help. That is a good thought, but no, we are not running any AV software. We keep this system off the internet since it is our primary DAW system, we have seen the very thing you speak about here interfere in other situations.

thanks again

muckletone

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Muckletone,

I really have no idea why the installer won't run on your system.  It's the only one I've heard of.  If you contact support@eventide.com they should be able to send you the individual plug-in files and presets which you can place on your machine.

Dan

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Muckletone-

Have you tried re-downloading the installer and running it again? It's possible that the download was corrupted. If that doesn't work, we can send you the AAX, VST, and AU component and you can manually place each one in the respective folder.

Thanks,

Tom Longabaugh

Eventide

muckletone
      Participant

Hello Dan,

Again, many thanks, and i will contact support. I just didn't want to presume to get support on a freely supplied plug in. I will submit a ticket straight away.

I took it upon myself to pull up Process Monitor and pulled a report of the processes and calls being made while the installer was running in the stalled mode, but i have to admit, i really couldn't see anything that jumped out at me. Most of the output of that stuff is way over my head.

Your help has been most appreciated.

muckletone

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

I appreciate it muckletone,

We've been support 24/7 here for the last week, as you can imagine.  It's good though, and the best way to lighten the support load will be to fix any issues that crop up, so thank you for trying to help us reproduce them.

Thanks,

Dan

muckletone
      Participant

Hi Dan,

Thanks so much for the advice. I didn't want to presume we could request support on a free plugin. But i will open a ticket per your suggestion.

We did last night run a report on the process thread using Activity Monitor, but to be honest, though i didn't see anything that really jumped out, most of the information in those reports are simply beyond my knowledge of the system.

Again, thanks, and we will get a ticket open with support.

muckletone

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Muckletone-

Have you tried re-downloading the installer and running it again?

Thanks,

Tom

muckletone
      Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion. I wondered if i could do that, but the only way i can see to get a new installer is to resubmit the form, which pushes the license to our iLok account, and since that is already installed, i was concerned it would only make things worse.

Perhaps we should try it anyway.

thanks for the suggestion, we will let you know how it goes.

muckletone

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Ah, thanks muckletone,

There have been a couple reports of surprisingly high CPU usage.  My current theory is that it's related to some processors and not other, but I haven't been able to confirm.  What era and type of mac are you running?

Thanks,

Dan

muckletone
      Participant

Hello Mr. Dan,

Thanks again for your helpfulness. I have attached a screencap of the status using Activity Monitor, unfortunately, it shows 0% CPU Usage.

Oddly while i was trying to figure out how to insert this screencap, after about 5 minutes of beach ball spinning, the installer finally released and moved to the next step. It would appear that suddenly i am not able to install the plugin.

What is odd is that last night, the same time spans never resolved to a release to install. Not quite sure why, but looks like this has been resolved.

thanks so very much for your persistent patience with us, 

muckletone

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi muckletone,

I'm confused now.  Were you having a problem installing before?  I thought your install was fine, but your problem was with the cycle count used in Pro Tools?  I have done a lot of customer support over the last several days, though, so I could be getting confused.

Thanks,

Dan

muckletone
      Participant

Pardon me,

My typing apparently needs some help. After 5 minutes of the beach ball, i finally WAS able to install the plugin. Why tonight when the same period of time last night did not produce these results, i am not sure.

But we do have the plugin installed now.

sincerely apologies for the poor email,

muckletone

muckletone
      Participant

Hi Dan,

Very sorry if i have confused things. You wrote me about the high CPU use and wondered if it was related. That is when i provided the screen cap, and it was during the time that i was collecting that information that the installer finally actually started working. it was 5+ minutes of beach-ball before it took.

But my issue was from the start about the installer stalling and going to the "not responding" status.

Again, my sincere apologies for making things confusing,

muckletone

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

No Problem, muckletone,

I'm glad you have it working,

Dan

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.