Ultra Channel – Presets are gobbelity gook?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Ultra Channel – Presets are gobbelity gook?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Thewitt,

I have certainly never seen this before.  I wonder if it's a font issue, or a language issue?  I have a couple questions.

Is this Mac or PC?

If you go to Documents/Eventide/UltraChannel/Presets/ are all the folders and presets named correctly?

Is your computer set to a region other than the USA or set to use a different native laguage than American English?  (Obviously, if this is the case the plug-in should still work correctly, I'm just trying to narrow down the cause of the problem.)

Thanks,

Dan

thewitt
        Participant
        DGillespie wrote:

Is this Mac or PC?

Mac OSX 10.9

If you go to Documents/Eventide/UltraChannel/Presets/ are all the folders and presets named correctly?

Yes

Is your computer set to a region other than the USA or set to use a different native laguage than American English?  (Obviously, if this is the case the plug-in should still work correctly, I’m just trying to narrow down the cause of the problem.)

Canadian English

Thanks for the reply Dan

Navidjio
      Participant

IN Windows 10 isn’t present display of figures of parameters

thewitt
      Participant

Hi Folks

This is how my presets show up.  Is there a way to fix this?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4809223/Screen%20Shot%202015-08-24%20at%201.15.35%20PM.png

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

I can't duplicate this behavior by chaning my settings to Canadian English.  It's possible, though, that we already fixed it when we updated JUCE.  I'll have a new build soon and maybe you can try it.  Hopefully it will fix the problem.

Dan

thewitt
      Participant

Yup – That’s a strange one.  I’ll wait for the new build and give it a try.  

For now, I have to look through the folders for the names to know what preset I’m getting.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi thewitt-

We just posted updated releases with new JUCE integration, which may fix this issue. We just got a Windows 10 test machine up and running and haven't seen this issue on it with the new builds, so hopefully the issue will be fixed.

-Tom

Navidjio
      Participant

And what about my problem , but in ultraverb view parameters ok

DGillespie
        Eventide Staff
        Navidjio wrote:

And what about my problem , but in ultraverb view parameters ok

We're not seeing either of these problems with the latest build, are you still seeing it?  If so, what is the exact version of the DAW you're running, and are you on 32 or 64 bit?

Thanks,

Dan

Navidjio
        Participant
        DGillespie wrote:

We’re not seeing either of these problems with the latest build, are you still seeing it?  If so, what is the exact version of the DAW you’re running, and are you on 32 or 64 bit?

Thanks,

Dan

Windows 10, cubase 8.03 64 bit, Ultrachannel 2.23, in other DAw also problemб maybe the problem lies in  windows fonts?, the driver of the videocard? or any libraries C ++?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        Navidjio wrote:

DGillespie wrote:

We're not seeing either of these problems with the latest build, are you still seeing it?  If so, what is the exact version of the DAW you're running, and are you on 32 or 64 bit?

Thanks,

Dan

Windows 10, cubase 8.03 64 bit, Ultrachannel 2.23, in other DAw also problemб maybe the problem lies in  windows fonts?, the driver of the videocard? or any libraries C ++?

Thanks Navidjio, we will look into it. Do you own any other Eventide plug-ins, and if so does this issue occur with them as well?

-Tom

Navidjio
        Participant
        TLongabaugh wrote:

Thanks Navidjio, we will look into it. Do you own any other Eventide plug-ins, and if so does this issue occur with them as well?

-Tom

Yes and No,  i have Ultraverb and  views parametrs ok

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        Navidjio wrote:

TLongabaugh wrote:

-Tom

Yes and No,  i have Ultraverb and  views parametrs ok

Navidjio-

Sorry, missed where you sad UltraReverb is ok. We haven't been able to reproduce this on Windows 10 with the most recent version of Cubase. Have you tried updating Cubase to see if that resolves the issue?

-Tom

thewitt
      Participant

Silly question:

I don’t see how to update.  Can you clue me in please?

thewitt
      Participant

Thanks

Just had time to DL and update – Still have the same problem with the presets.  Weidness

Where should the presets folder live?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi thewitt-

Strange that it is still an issue…we will look more into it

The presets should be located in you Documents folder, which should be C:Users<your username>DocumentsEventideUltraChannel

Tom

thewitt
      Participant

Thanks

For the record, I’ve made sure the presets are in the right spot – Updated the plug – Used the ‘load’ button and this stil is happening.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi thewitt,

I can't figure this out at all.  We've had a couple people complain but we can't reproduce it at all and I can't find any reference to it happening online to other developers in general.  Can you think of anything that might be different about your install or you system from most?  Not to throw it back at you, but just to give us a clue that might help us figure out what needs to be fixed.

Thanks,

Dan

john byars
      Participant

I have Windows 10, 64bit and use Reaper.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys-

I've been looking a bit more into this and have a few questions:

Navidjo and john byars: Do you guys have the font "Monaco" installed on your computers?

thewitt: Do you have the font "Arial" installed on your machine?

These are standard fonts, but it's what the plug-ins use, so I figured it would be worth checking.

Thanks,

Tom

Navidjio
        Participant
        TLongabaugh wrote:

Hi Guys-

I’ve been looking a bit more into this and have a few questions:

Navidjo and john byars: Do you guys have the font “Monaco” installed on your computers?

Thanks,

Tom

Big Thanks yes i installed monaco font and now viewed it are ok 

thewitt
      Participant

thewitt: Do you have the font “Arial” installed on your machine?

BAM!!

My mac had ‘multiple occurances’ of Ariel installed.  Removing the doubles fix it.  Thank you!!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Great to hear! UltraChannel at the moment relies on system fonts. We're looking into packaging the fonts in with the plug-in to avoid issues like this in the future.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi all-

The newest version of UltraChannel (2.1.3) fixes this problem with missing fonts, so you shouldn't have to worry about having the font on your system.

thewitt
        Participant

Thanks for the update on the update

tlongabaugh wrote:

Hi all-

The newest version of UltraChannel (2.1.3) fixes this problem with missing fonts, so you shouldn’t have to worry about having the font on your system.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.