UltraChannel 64bit VST not found in Sonar

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins UltraChannel 64bit VST not found in Sonar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      joyof60

In an attempt to utilize the rich enhancements of your Ultrachannel 64bit plugin, my DAW ( Cakewalks Sonar X3e 64bit ) only recognizes, or finds during a scan, the 32bit VST. I have reinstalled and see that the 64bit VST is installed in a different folder (which would make sense) and have directed Sonar to search that folder when scanning for VST plugins. The only Ultrachannel VST found is the 32 bit. This actually worked well but is causing some major stability problems with Sonar in running both 32 bit and 64 bit plugins in the 64 bit system.

I am using Win7 Pro 64bit OS with Cakewalk Sonar X3e

Any help here would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Keith

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi joyof60,

Try just remove the 32 bit plug-in entirely.  If it's loading in 64 bit Sonar, it will be through a bridge which tend to be trouble.  The 64 bit plug-in should work, and is the one you want to use.  If it's not scanning, it might be because the 32 bit one is.

Dan

staticx
        DGillespie wrote:

Hi joyof60,

Try just remove the 32 bit plug-in entirely.  If it’s loading in 64 bit Sonar, it will be through a bridge which tend to be trouble.  The 64 bit plug-in should work, and is the one you want to use.  If it’s not scanning, it might be because the 32 bit one is.

Dan

Hello

I’m experiencing the same issue with Reaper x64.

It seems like Ultrachannel is working only at the x32 version.

when Reaper detect also the x64, Ultrachannel is not working at all. when I take the x64 dll out, it works.

same with Pro Tools and Mixcraft.

anyway, maybe it’s a windows 10 issue, but I don’t think so…

try to make this work fully x64 with Reaper.

thanks!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi staticx-

Sorry to hear that the 64-bit version is not working. If you remove the x32 version of the plug-in so that Reaper only scans for the x64 version, does UltraChannel 64bit work then?

Additionally, it sounds like you are using Windows 10? Since that version of Windows was released recently, we have not yet had much of a chance to test compatibility of our plug-ins with it, so that could be an issue as well that we will look at in the future.

Best,

Tom

staticx
        TLongabaugh wrote:

Hi staticx-

Sorry to hear that the 64-bit version is not working. If you remove the x32 version of the plug-in so that Reaper only scans for the x64 version, does UltraChannel 64bit work then?

Additionally, it sounds like you are using Windows 10? Since that version of Windows was released recently, we have not yet had much of a chance to test compatibility of our plug-ins with it, so that could be an issue as well that we will look at in the future.

Best,

Tom

Thank you for your quick reply.

Reaper and other DAW’s cannot  see the  x64 plugin alone. only the x32 and only when I take the x64 out of the directory.

I’ll wait for a windows 10 compatible version then…

btw, it would be nice to have “uninstall” option for the plugin, instead of searching every *ultrac*.* file on pc, in case I want to reinstall…

thanks!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi staticx-

What directories are the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of UltraChannel located in? What directories do you have Reaper/your other DAWs looking at for 3rd party VSTs?

The 32-bit and 64-bit version of UC should be in different directories, if they are in the same one that is likely why Reaper is getting confused/not working.

As far as uninstalling/reinstalling, running the installer again will replace/update any necessary files, so you shouldn't have to worry about uninstalling first.

Best,

Tom

staticx

Hello

Just an update – with Reaper’s latest version (5) it seems like everything is working and I can now use the x64 bit Ultrachannel plugin.

thanks

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Staticx-

Glad to hear you got it working.

Best,

Tom

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.