UltraChannel activation error

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins UltraChannel activation error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      joyof60

I have been enjoying the use of the free download of your Ultra Channel plugin. I am using Cakewalk's Sonar X3e, with Win7 64 bit OS. I have many recordings utilizing the plugin, and I love it!

Problem is yesterday in the attempt to open any of the files utilizing the Ultra Channel I get and 'Activation Error' that prevents me from opening the file. The error reads

"Activation Error Ultra Channel    This software cannot be run because the Activation Experience thinks the authorization was found, but the wrapper could not verify it"

I click 'OK' and I get "VST- plug in error   The folder VST plug-in failed to load: C:program filescakewalkvst plug insultrachannelultrachannel.dll"

When I click OK to this error it just loops back to the first and I have to close Sonar through task mgr to get out of the program.

Is there a fix for this or is this a cakewalk problem. Please advise as I have many files that are un operational with this error.

Thanks for any input to help resolve this!

joyof60

It's been almost a month waiting on a reply. I have many files that I cannot open due to the plug in error. Please help if its only to uninstall to allow access to my files that are un accessible.  This is a desperate request as I do not know who else to turn to. Thanks.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi joyof60,

I'm very sorry, we must have missed your query.  You should be able to solve this problem by following these steps.

1. Close Sonar

2. Open iLok License Manager

3. If the license is on your iLok, right click on the iLok and select Sync/Repair, if it's on your computer you can skip this step.

4. Find the license that is on your iLok or Computer, right click on the license, and choose Deactivate.

5. After the license has deactivated it should be in available licenses.  At this point please move the license back to your iLok or computer to reactivate it.

6. This should solve your error message.  If it does not, please let us know and we can dig deeper to solve your problem.

Sorry for the late response,

Dan

Hi I also get the error  : "Activation Error Ultra Channel    This software cannot be run because
      the Activation Experience thinks the authorization was found, but the
      wrapper could not verify it"

I tryied deactivating and reactivating again but it does not work ! I need to render a project for a label ! I need that very quickly. I think unless you solve that tomorrow I will never again use any of your plugins. This one was a free "present" ! Let me tell you this is really not a present. Hopefully I only used this plugin on one project…

Look I understand you need to protect your software but as a customer this is really unacceptable !

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hello leSonDuPlacard,

I've emailed you directly to try to sort your problem out.  If you get back to me I'm sure we can get this sorted quite quickly.

Dan

Just to tell everybody how efficient Dan was on solving this issue, thank you again. I also wanted to share the solution. 

Actually it was needed to deactivate and reactivate the licence in iLok as suggested but first it was also absolutely necessary to install latest version of the plugin 2.0.19 (I was running 2.0.15). Hope that  helps….

andymees

I also was lucky enough to grab the free download of your Ultra Channel Natve plugin some time ago, but am now seeing the same autorization / wrapper error noted above.

I have installed the latest version of Ultra Channel Native for Windows, 2.0.29. (Windows 64 bit)

I have also updated the iLok License Manager to the latest version,  2.6.0.1134.

I have deactivated and reactivated the license (on my PC).

But sadly, after all of that, every time I start the host application I still get the activation error message.

Any help you could offer would be much appreciated.

Best

Andy

andymees

Fixed it… it turns out my software was pointing to a rogue instance of the older ultrachannel.dll … removed that and redirected the app to the newer version. All good.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Ah, good catch Andy, thanks for the feedback.

Dan

Eric_Seaberg

I’d like to authorize my iLok as well as MBPro computer, but once I drag the license to my iLok it’s not avail any longer.  I did read that I’m allowed to installs, right?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Eric,

You should be able to activate two locations.  Can you email support@eventide.com with your problem and your ilok.com account name and I'll look into it and see what might be going wrong?

Thanks,

Dan

friDAY
      Participant

Hello, I managed to download UltraChannel when it was free and I’ve been using it without issue until now. When I got the free download a couple years ago, I didn’t have to make an account here. I’ve made an account just now for this very issue.

I have the same activation error as the OP. My issue may be different because I was forced to do a factory restore on my laptop (Windows 8.1 64bit, Toshiba Satellite). In my quest to find a solution, I was brought to this thread and I followed the directions given here by deactivating my plugin etc. Now UltraChannel isn’t showing at all in my activated licenses so there is no way I can activate it at this point. By the way, I don’t use an iLok, just my ilok account. I’ll be happy to give anymore necessary info to solve this problem. Thanks for any assistance.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        friDAY wrote:

Hello, I managed to download UltraChannel when it was free and I've been using it without issue until now. When I got the free download a couple years ago, I didn't have to make an account here. I've made an account just now for this very issue.

I have the same activation error as the OP. My issue may be different because I was forced to do a factory restore on my laptop (Windows 8.1 64bit, Toshiba Satellite). In my quest to find a solution, I was brought to this thread and I followed the directions given here by deactivating my plugin etc. Now UltraChannel isn't showing at all in my activated licenses so there is no way I can activate it at this point. By the way, I don't use an iLok, just my ilok account. I'll be happy to give anymore necessary info to solve this problem. Thanks for any assistance.

Hi friDAY-

If you click on "Available" at the top of iLok License Manager, does the UltraChannel license show up there? If not, can you send an email to support@eventide.com with your iLok account name? Sometimes these issues happen when you do a factory restore of your computer, and we have to deposit a new license.

-Tom

friDAY
        Participant
        TLongabaugh wrote:

friDAY wrote:

Hello, I managed to download UltraChannel when it was free and I’ve been using it without issue until now. When I got the free download a couple years ago, I didn’t have to make an account here. I’ve made an account just now for this very issue.

I have the same activation error as the OP. My issue may be different because I was forced to do a factory restore on my laptop (Windows 8.1 64bit, Toshiba Satellite). In my quest to find a solution, I was brought to this thread and I followed the directions given here by deactivating my plugin etc. Now UltraChannel isn’t showing at all in my activated licenses so there is no way I can activate it at this point. By the way, I don’t use an iLok, just my ilok account. I’ll be happy to give anymore necessary info to solve this problem. Thanks for any assistance.

Hi friDAY-

If you click on “Available” at the top of iLok License Manager, does the UltraChannel license show up there? If not, can you send an email to support@eventide.com with your iLok account name? Sometimes these issues happen when you do a factory restore of your computer, and we have to deposit a new license.

-Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. No it doesn’t show at the top of iLok Manager. I’ve just sent an email to support explaing the issue so hopefully this will be resolved. It’s worth mentioning though that one of my other plugins that activated correctly is now having this same issue. This only happened after I deactivated UltraChannel during the process of following the steps you gave earlier in this thread. Has this happened to anybody else?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.