UltraChannel AU Plugin not working in Garageband

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins UltraChannel AU Plugin not working in Garageband

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      dran_sy

Hi everyone,

I recently downloaded the free UltraChannel Plugin released awhile back. I managed to activate it successfully, managed to download and install the plugin successfully. As I'm using OSX I checked in my plugins folder, the components and au/vst files were in their respective positions. 

However, when i turn on garageband, this error message pops up: 

"An error has occurred with an installed Audio Unit plugin.

GarageBand unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit “UltraChannel” by “Eventide”. This plug-in may require an update."

Opened a track, and UltraChannel is not even listed under my available plugins.

Computer information:

OSX 10.9.3
      Macbook Air 11" 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
      4GB RAM
      Garageband '11 v6.0.5 (428.5) 

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you so much!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi dran_sy, this should solve the problem:

Make sure GarageBand is closed. Go to your ~/Library/Caches folder (this can be found by clicking "Go" in the Finder menu bar while holding down the option key), and delete the com.apple.audiounits.cache file located there. Then, open iLok Manager and make sure the UltraChannel License is activated on either your iLok dongle or computer. Launch GarageBand, and you should be good to go! GarageBand will need to rescan your AudioUnits folder, but this should solve the problem.

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.

Tom Longabaugh

Eventide

dran_sy

Hi Tom,

This completely solved my problem. Excellent! Thank you so very much. I absolutely adore the plugin!

dran_sy

initialth

Hi everyone,

the pb seems to reappear in high sierra. I did all the the cache deletion and so on I found on the garageband issue support site but it still be the same error msg.

the plugin is listed on AU section but when trying to use it, the error msg appears.

macOs version :10.13.1

Ilock version : the last automatically updated

UChannel version : 2.4.1

GB version : 10.2.0

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        InitialTh wrote:

Hi everyone,

the pb seems to reappear in high sierra. I did all the the cache deletion and so on I found on the garageband issue support site but it still be the same error msg.

the plugin is listed on AU section but when trying to use it, the error msg appears.

Hey, please try restarting you computer. This was an issue on High Sierra that restarting seemed to fix. Please let me know if the problem persists.

-Tom

initialth
        TLongabaugh wrote:

InitialTh wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hey, please try restarting you computer. This was an issue on High Sierra that restarting seemed to fix. Please let me know if the problem persists.

-Tom

Hi Tom,

I did it several times but the pb persists

bad new from Paris 😉

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

What is the exact error message you get?

Does GarageBand crash after you try to instantiate UltraChannel, or does it freeze, or something else?

initialth
        TLongabaugh wrote:

What is the exact error message you get?

Does GarageBand crash after you try to instantiate UltraChannel, or does it freeze, or something else?

Hi

there is a first warning error msg when loading GB but GB : “the AU ultrachanne could not be load and should be updatid. please contact your dealer”.

it’s also impossible to use the plugin when existing in monitor windows and also impossible to load the plugin the same as first warning error msg

please note the named AU “ultrachanne” but not “ultrachannel”

no freeze or somethying else : GB is OK.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey, we've been able to confirm this problem on High Sierra here. We'll look into a fix.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

This issue is fixed in the latest builds, which are posted to the respective plug-in's download page.

initialth
        TLongabaugh wrote:

This issue is fixed in the latest builds, which are posted to the respective plug-in’s download page.

Thanks, everything is ok.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, I'm afraid I can't help, you should contact Apple. You could try reinstalling GarageBand.

Stephen0426

Firsty see that your garageband is closed and then check the cache files.

as garageband is the best recommended app for music composing. 

techuntouch

I am facing the same issue in my garageband software. I have downloaded from here.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        techuntouch wrote:

I am facing the same issue in my garageband software. I have downloaded from here.

Hi, GarageBand on Windows is not officially supported by us, nor Apple, so I'm afraid I can't offer much help. GarageBand only runs AudioUnits, which are not available on Windows OSes.

Sometimes it happens. Restat GarageBand. Read more about GarageBand.

Vampy

hi im getting this error message and i dont know why

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

What version of Quadravox, GarageBand, and iLok License Manager are you using? Can you confirm that they are all the latest versions?

Vampy

oh i don’t remember in pluginboutique if it said that it wasn’t compatible with big sur also i would like to check in plugin boutique what version of quadravox i have but its currently “full” the website and i can’t check, im guessing if i remember from last night it was 0.3.4

gropshaving

This is very common problem with AUs If you are using a demo version. And, If you’re using pro then you should reinstall audio unit plugin. There are too many issues with AUs on Gargaband so make sure you’re considering the compatibility. 

Trangler

Hi Tom

I have a problem almost like dran_sy. Garageband won´t start because a menu pops up and shows: “An error has occured with an installed Audio Unit plug-in. GarageBand unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit “Guitar Rig 5 MFX” by “Native Instruments”. This Plug-in may require an update.” I have just installed some of Native Instruments´s free stuff called “Kontakt 5 player”, which I have deleted again – well apparently not all of it, but have deleted all I could find. I couldnt find the file com.apple.audiounits.cache so I couldnt just delete that file. Can you help me? 🙂 I Have Garageband version 6.0.5.

Kind regards 

Asbjørn from Denmark

PGOWDY
      TLongabaugh wrote:

Hi dran_sy, this should solve the problem:

Make sure GarageBand is closed. Go to your ~/Library/Caches folder (this can be found by clicking “Go” in the Finder menu bar while holding down the option key), and delete the com.apple.audiounits.cache file located there. Then, open iLok Manager and make sure the UltraChannel License is activated on either your iLok dongle or computer. Launch GarageBand, and you should be good to go! GarageBand will need to rescan your AudioUnits folder, but this should solve the problem.

Let me know if that doesn’t solve the problem.

Tom Longabaugh

Eventide

Hi, i’m getting the exact same problem as the OP after installing apple’s nighmare new operating system on my mac. I can now no longer open garageband which i use on a daily basis. 

I deleted the cache file as per your instructions but i don’t know what ilok is or how to use it so i’m unable to fix this.

I’ve attached a picture of what i’m stuck on when i try to open garageband.

Please help.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff
      Trangler wrote:

Hi Tom

I have a problem almost like dran_sy. Garageband won´t start because a menu pops up and shows: "An error has occured with an installed Audio Unit plug-in. GarageBand unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit "Guitar Rig 5 MFX" by "Native Instruments". This Plug-in may require an update." I have just installed some of Native Instruments´s free stuff called "Kontakt 5 player", which I have deleted again – well apparently not all of it, but have deleted all I could find. I couldnt find the file com.apple.audiounits.cache so I couldnt just delete that file. Can you help me? 🙂 I Have Garageband version 6.0.5.

Kind regards 

Asbjørn from Denmark

Hi Asbjørn-

Please contact Native Instruments for assistance. I can't say what may be causing the problem – it could be an out of date installer, or your OS may be older, or something else.

-Tom

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff
      Vampy wrote:

Hi, what plugin are you seeing this issue with?

Make sure that your versions of iLok License Manager, GarageBand, and Eventide plugin(s) are up to date. We used to see this issue but it was resolved over a year ago.

Vampy
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Vampy wrote:

Hi, what plugin are you seeing this issue with?

Make sure that your versions of iLok License Manager, GarageBand, and Eventide plugin(s) are up to date. We used to see this issue but it was resolved over a year ago.

quadravox

Vampy
      tlongabaugh wrote:

What version of Quadravox, GarageBand, and iLok License Manager are you using? Can you confirm that they are all the latest versions?

yes i believe so i recently just updated my ilok app and garageband with the big sur update im not sure of quadravox as i only just last night got it

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Okay, please check the version numbers and post them here.

If you updated to Big Sur, I'm afraid that we are not yet supporting macOS Big Sur, though we expect to soon.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Try downloading this version and see if it solves the issue. 3.4.0 wouldn't load in GarageBand, it was fixed in 3.5.0. The current version (3.7.3) should probably be fine on Big Sur: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/quadravox-installer-mac-64-bit

Vampy
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Try downloading this version and see if it solves the issue. 3.4.0 wouldn’t load in GarageBand, it was fixed in 3.5.0. The current version (3.7.3) should probably be fine on Big Sur: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/quadravox-installer-mac-64-bit

ITS WORKING THANK YOU SO MUCH

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.