Ultrachannel causes immediate out of memory issues in PT HD Native

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Ultrachannel causes immediate out of memory issues in PT HD Native

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      mrgrimm01

OSX 10.8.5

PT 10.3.9 HD Native

Omni Interface

20 gigs of ram

Anyone see this using PT?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi mrgrimm01,

We're not seeing this problem at all over here.  I'd be curious to see if anyone else was having this problem as well.  Have you tried an empty session?

Dan

mrgrimm01

May have been a premature post – so far it seems to be specific to that one session.  It instantiates in a clean session as well as in another preexisting session. 

100% repro with the original session I've used it on.  Strange…

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Thanks mrgrimm,

You may actually be out of memory in that session.  What happens if you remove some and try it again?

Thanks,
      Dan

mrgrimm01

There doesn't seem to be a way to attach two pics, so I'll post twice, but w/o ultra channel I'm at around 17% cpu usage.  With Ultrachannel I'm constantly in the red, although the numeric percentage doesn't seem to change significantly, but that may just be a gui thing.

mrgrimm01

second post with pic with ultrachannel instantiated.  Even if I disable ALL other plug ins in that particular session I'm still constantly overloading.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi mrgrimm,

Are your issues related to memory usage or CPU usage?

We've heard some complaints of abnormally high CPU usage from some people – generally those with older machines, though we haven't had a chance to look into it further.

Dan

mrgrimm01

Apologies – CPU usage.  Pic attached.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.