Ultrachannel – Font Problem

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Ultrachannel – Font Problem

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      tomheist

Hi guys, 

I’m running Ableton Live 9.5 in Windows 10 and the current version of Ultrachannel. My problem is that the fonts currently look like this for the parameters.

Can you tell me if there’s a known fix for this? I would assume it’s a font location issue specific to Windows 10 as I didn’t have this problem before the upgrade. 

gkellum
      Participant
      tomheist wrote:

I'm running Ableton Live 9.5 in Windows 10 and the current version of Ultrachannel. My problem is that the fonts currently look like this for the parameters.

Can you tell me if there's a known fix for this? 

We've seen that problem pop up in the past when someone has the same font installed multiple times.  Designers in particular may have multiple copies of the same font installed for whatever reason.  My colleagues, Dan or Tom, may chime in with more information, but as far as I can tell, UltraChannel is just using the default system font for those fields, which one Windows 10 should be Arial or Segoe UI.  Could you check if you have either of those installed multiple times?  On Mac there's an app for this called Font Book;  I'm not sure what the Windows equivalent is.

tomheist

I checked the fonts. There are variations on the font (EG: ‘Segoe UI Historic’) but not multiple copies. It was a completely fresh install of 

Windows 10 and i’m not running any apps such as Photoshop with their own font sets, nor am I using external fonts. 

tomheist

Also, a temporary workaround for this in Ableton is to put Ultrachannel into a rack and add knobs to the custom parameter chain to see their value (this doesn’t work for the drop-down menus unfortunately)

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Tom,

Are you using the latest version 2.0.29?  You can determine this by hovering your mouse over the word Eventide or UltraChannel in the GUI.  If you don't, my understanding is that the latest release should fix this.  If you do have it installed, do you have the font "Monaco" installed on your system?  I think the font should be built into the plug-in now, but in case I'm wrong, installing the "Monaco" font should fix it.

Please let us know how it goes either way, as this is something we're trying to have fixed.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble,

Dan

tomheist

According to the plugin, it says i’m using version 2.1.2 . I’ll try to get ‘Monaco’ font. 

tomheist

UPDATE: I managed to get the ‘Monaco’ font and it fixed the problem, thanks! For anyone else having this problem, you can get the font here:

https://www.fontyukle.net/en/Monaco.ttf

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, 2.1.2 is actually the latest version. Glad to hear you got it working!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi all-

The newest version of UltraChannel (2.1.3) fixes this problem, so you shouldn't have to worry about having the font on your system.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.