Ultrachannel – VST Plugin Scan fails to find Ultrachannel

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Ultrachannel – VST Plugin Scan fails to find Ultrachannel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      markusmf

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for that great plugin for free!

But there is a problem with either Maschine 2.0 and Studio One Pro. The VST-Plugin Scan fails to find Eventide so it won't show up. iLok has registered it correctly.

Appreciate any help.

Markus

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Markus-

Make sure that you have Studio One Pro and Maschine pointed at the correct folders. There are different .dll files for the 64 and 32 bit versions of UltraChannel, so make sure that you have your program looking at the correct version.

The 64-bit version is stored at C:Program FilesCommon FilesSteinbergVST2, while the 32-bit version is stored at C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesSteinbergVST2

Let me know if that does not solve the problem!

Tom Longabaugh

Eventide

markusmf

Hi Tom,

I have my 64 bit plugs in a custom folder but both the 64 and 32 bit folders are beeing scanned correctly. The Eventide showed up in the preferences menu in NI Maschine but did not in the vst menus. In Studio One it even didn't show up anywhere.

What I tried today was to jBridge it. I started jBridger and selected the 32bit Ultrachannel. What jBridge does is kind of convert 32bit plugins for using it in 64bit applications. Maybe you know that.

And somehow this was successful! Anyway I'm not happy with it as the 64bit Ultrachannel can't be used. Only the converted 32bit. Really can't figure it out.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Markus-

I would try re-installing UltraChannel, and then in Studio One Pro go to Studio One->Options->Locations and set C:Program FilesCommon FilesSteinbergVST2 as one of your locations. Additionally, I would reset the Blacklist. I'm not too familiar with Maschine but I would guess you can set file paths for it to look as well. It's possible that you mistakenly dragged the 32-bit and 64-bit plugins into the opposite folders of what they should be, and setting your DAWs to look at the default install location after reinstalling might solve the problem.

If that doesn't work, could you tell me what OS you are using so I can try to duplicate the issue?

Thanks,

Tom

markusmf

Reinstall didn't help. Both the 32 and 64bit Ultrachannel dll's are in the right folder. Resetting Blacklist in S1 didn't help. Only thing that helped a little was jBridgin' it. Really weired! Confused

OS is Win7 64x.

Another interesting thing: Maschine 1.8 (also 64bit, but old version) is hanging when it comes to the ultrachannel.dll while scanning. Maschine 2 scans fine but the Ultrachannel won't show up in the VST selection menu as in S1.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Markus,

What version of Maschine 1 do you have.  UltraChannel is working fine here in the 64 bit version of Maschine 1.8.2.  Just to clarify, you are on Windows, correct?

Thanks,

Dan

markusmf

Hi Dan,

Maschine 1.8.2 64 bit on Win7 Ultimate 64x SP1, yes.

Really don't know what's going on with the 64 bit version of Ultrachannel on my system. Any other plugin is just working fine. Thanks to jBridge I can at least use the 32bit UC version in my 64 bit DAW's (again these are Maschine 1.8.2 / Maschine 2 and Studio One 2 Professional).

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Markus,

You might want to manually uninstall UltraChannel and re-install it, double checking that the 32 and 64 bit versions of the plug-in are pointed at the correct folders.  It sounds to me like you might have ended up with the 32 bit plug-in in the 64 bit folder.  Unfortunately there is no easy way in Windows to differentiate the two.

Thanks,

Dan

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.