UltraReverb 2.2.2 doesn’t load VST presets in Cubase Pro 8.5.20 (OSX)

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins UltraReverb 2.2.2 doesn’t load VST presets in Cubase Pro 8.5.20 (OSX)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      nkf
      Participant

The newest version 2.2.2 of UltraReverb is not able to read my VST presets I’ve saved before in Cubase Pro 8.5.20 and older.

I went back to the older version 2.0.11 of UltraReverb and everything works again. VST preset usage is broken in 2.2.2!

OSX 10.10.5

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi nkf-

Sorry to hear that UltraReverb 2.2.2 is not loading presets made with an older version of the plug-in. When using 2.2.2, do any presets show up in the dropdown menu? Or is it only the factory presets? Or rather, do they appear in the dropdown menu, but not load with correct settings?

Best,

Tom

nkf
        Participant

Thank you Tom, but I mean the VST-Presets of Cubase Pro 8.5 itself! My own presets I saved are not recalled at all when selecting them from the MediaBay (part of Cubase). 

Internal plug in preset system seems to work – it is ‘just’ the connection to the Cubase file system broken. Other most recent Eventide plug ins work fine with it as does the older version of UlraReverb, which I re-installed to continue using my presets.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hi nkf-

Ah, I see. I will have to look into the issue a bit more to be sure, but my guess is this: We added a "Mix Lock" parameter to UltraReverb between versions 2.0.11 and 2.2.2, and it's possible that Cubase stores presets by indexing parameters – which means adding parameters would throw it off. My suggestion would be to save your presets using the internal preset system, if at all possible. When I get the chance, I'll investigate this further.

Best,

Tom

nkf
      Participant

Thank you Tom, copying all my VST presets now to the plug in preset system is a bit tedious. I like to program my own settings and therefore I have several presets already. The Cubase and Nuendo preset system is a work flow thing … I have it on keycommands and can change very quickly presets … I never use the internal plug in preset systems with Cubase or Nuendo. I would appreciate if you could have a look at this. 

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Sure thing nkf, I understand it can be easier to use the workfow of your DAW, rather than plug-in by plug-in. Unfortunately it's a challenge to try and implement/test every DAW specific preset system, since there are so many and we're a small team.

While I look into this, feel free to keep using UltraReverb 2.0.11 – While there are various bug fixes/improvements since that version, it is quite stable.

-Tom

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.