UltraReverb causing CPU spikes

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins UltraReverb causing CPU spikes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      4edawg
      Participant

Hey folks.  Done some thorough testing and its looking like UltraReverb is the culprit for causing those dreaded CPU spikes… at least in my system.

Running PTHD12.6.0 with HDX2.  Have been mixing an album and getting consistent CPU spikes only after I import session data.  Went through the motions of removing plugins that were imported and in every session with the issue, UltraReverb was imported, and when it was made inactive I had no more spikes.

Updated to the latest version of Anthology X and it still happens.

I’ll email support too with this.

Forrester

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Forrester-

Are you on Windows or macOS, and what version?

Do you see this only with UltraReverb, or does it happen with other plug-ins in the Anthology X bundle?

Best,

Tom

4edawg
        Participant

Hi Tom

Running El Capitan 10.11.6

Only seems to be happening with UltraReverb.  I might have had one or two spikes using UltraChannel, but nothing like what I get if UltraReverb is active in a session.  Nothing of note using any of the others (I don’t use all of them as regularly as Reverb, Channel, Factory, Harmonizer & Stereo Room & Blackhole)

Forrester

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Ok, thanks. What sample rate are you running your sessions at? Does this happen at all sample rates?

Also, is this anytime the plug-in is active, or only during starting/stopping playback?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

One other thing – is this spiking actually causing Pro Tools playback to stop, or are you just seeing spiking in the System Usage meter?

4edawg
      Participant

Hi Tom

Went back over the sessions and they’re a mix of 44.1khz & 96khz, so its definitely happening at those two sample rates.  The spikes are stopping playback (ie. CPU meter hits red 100%).  Because its so intermittent (sometimes I can play half a song, sometimes it will occur 3 play presses in a row), its hard to say if its happening while playback is stopped.  While typing this I haven’t had any CPU spikes that hit 100%, but that’s not so say it doesn’t happen – but from memory its mostly during playback.  I’ll keep trying to recreate the issue in some new sessions and get more info.

4edawg
      Participant

Hi Tom

More clarification.  Currently mixing in a completely different session.  Have 2 UltraReverbs, 1 H3000 Factory, 2 Blackholes & 1 UltraChannel running.  Session is 24bit 48khz.  CPU is spiking to 100% red while playback is stationary, from around 30-40% average CPU.

If I inactive the 2 UltraReverb plugins the CPU spiking stops.  When I reactive the CPU spiking returns (playback still stationary.)

So confirming that it is related to UltraReverb.  Perhaps its an interaction with another plugin.  Please advise if you’d like me to try anything?  Is it worth me sending you the session?

Forrester

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for the clarification, Forrester. I see you sent in a support email, I'll contact you there.

-Tom

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.