UltraTAP – IOS and H9 Width

Home Forums Products Stompboxes UltraTAP – IOS and H9 Width

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      cliveluis
      Participant

I was trying to copying H9 ultratap presets to IOS AUv3 ( i believe preset sharing is desktop and IOS only)

However I found an extra Width knob on IOS version

What is the “neutral/fixed” postion of Width postion on H9? is it 12 Clock?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey-

The "neutral" position of the Width knob is fully clockwise (value of 100). This corresponds to the behavior on the H9, where the Taps alternate being panned hard left/right (provided you are using stereo out).

Btw, you shouldn't need to do any additional editing of the preset files, when going between H9 and AUv3/Desktop. Presets saved on H9 will load in the AUv3/Desktop plugin with a Width of 100.

-Tom

cliveluis
      Participant

Really.. I tried saving single preset from h9 in IOS files app .. did not work for me

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant is that you don't need to do any editing of the preset files when going between the two – Width will take care of itself.

As far as exporting: Presets saved in H9 Control will not automatically appear in the iOS Files App. You'll have to export them as you normally do from within the H9 Control app. When you later import them into the Files app and place them in the "UltraTap" folder, they will appear in the UltraTap iOS app.

cliveluis
        Participant
        tlongabaugh wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant is that you don’t need to do any editing of the preset files when going between the two – Width will take care of itself.

As far as exporting: Presets saved in H9 Control will not automatically appear in the iOS Files App. You’ll have to export them as you normally do from within the H9 Control app. When you later import them into the Files app and place them in the “UltraTap” folder, they will appear in the UltraTap iOS app.

Iam aware of files app transfer, but did not show up

See steps

I emailed A preset to myself from H9 control

saved preset to files app ( location : on my iphone)

Opened blackhole app. It Did not show up in user presets ( in which folder is it supposed to show up)?

I purchased both blackhole and Ultratap

Device used for testing Iphone 8 plus

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        cliveluis wrote:

tlongabaugh wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant is that you don't need to do any editing of the preset files when going between the two – Width will take care of itself.

As far as exporting: Presets saved in H9 Control will not automatically appear in the iOS Files App. You'll have to export them as you normally do from within the H9 Control app. When you later import them into the Files app and place them in the "UltraTap" folder, they will appear in the UltraTap iOS app.

See steps

Opened blackhole app. It Did not show up in user presets ( in which folder is it supposed to show up)?

Ah, I think I know what's happening here – the presets need to be placed in On My iPhone -> Blackhole.

The iOS Files App hides empty folders by default. When Blackhole is installed it creates a folder On My iPhone -> Blackhole, but this is automaticaly hidden in the Files App, because it is empty. To circumvent this, for the moment you'll need to save a User Preset from the Blackhole app (Standalone version, not AUv3). That will cause the On My iPhone -> Blackhole folder to show up – once it does, place your H9 presets there. Then, relaunch Blackhole Standalone, and your presets should appear.

We will look into a way to force the folder appear without saving a User Preset first.

Let me know if you still have problems, or I've misinterpreted your issue.

-Tom

cliveluis
        Participant
        tlongabaugh wrote:
        cliveluis wrote:

tlongabaugh wrote:

See steps

Ah, I think I know what's happening here – the presets need to be placed in On My iPhone -> Blackhole.

The iOS Files App hides empty folders by default. When Blackhole is installed it creates a folder On My iPhone -> Blackhole, but this is automaticaly hidden in the Files App, because it is empty. To circumvent this, for the moment you'll need to save a User Preset from the Blackhole app (Standalone version, not AUv3). That will cause the On My iPhone -> Blackhole folder to show up – once it does, place your H9 presets there. Then, relaunch Blackhole Standalone, and your presets should appear.

We will look into a way to force the folder appear without saving a User Preset first.

Let me know if you still have problems, or I've misinterpreted your issue.

-Tom

I had no such issue about folder being hidden .. I could see it

I was probably expecting a user presets folder

Tried your workaround but the preset I imported does not show up

cliveluis
      Participant

Hi

I could not send screenshots .. sent by email

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Thanks – got the screenshots. Can you attach the preset you are trying to import, or send it over email?

cliveluis
      Participant
      cliveluis wrote:

I was trying to copying H9 ultratap presets to IOS AUv3 ( i believe preset sharing is desktop and IOS only)

However I found an extra Width knob on IOS version

What is the “neutral/fixed” postion of Width postion on H9? is it 12 Clock?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

My apologies – I just spoke to my colleague who works on H9 Control about this, and figured out what is going on:

-The Blackhole App reads .tide presets only.

-H9 Control was updated a while back to export single presets as .tide files instead of .h9z files, but it looks like this change only made it into the desktop version. Since you're exporting on the iOS version, the extension is still .h9z, and thus the Blackhole app isn't reading it.

As a workaround, please save any presets you'd like to import into the Blackhole app using the desktop version of H9 control. I've attached the LAMBOFGOD preset as a .tide file, please let me know if you can import it correctly.

We will release a fix for H9 Control soon. Sorry for the hassle.

cliveluis
        Participant

Please note after latest update this feature is still not functional ! H9 control exports presets as . Tide .. into files app .. but they do not show up under user presets

cliveluis
      Participant

Strange ways of IOS
      I could not open/download this on phone .. it was opening a bunch numbers

However from laptop I could download and emailed it back to me on my phone …and voila it’s working via files app transfer

Wallower

Would it ever be possible/likely to update H9 Control app to export presets/lists/backups to iOS Files, Dropbox, etc?  And/or, export in such a way to streamlining sharing between the Control app and AUv3 apps?  Then could one almost use the AUv3 apps to tweak H9 presets with a pre-recorded track while away from the H9?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Wallower wrote:

Would it ever be possible/likely to update H9 Control app to export presets/lists/backups to iOS Files, Dropbox, etc? And/or, export in such a way to streamlining sharing between the Control app and AUv3 apps?

Currently, you can export presets/lists by emailing them in H9 Control. It would be great if users can export to the Files app and import from there though. We will look into that.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      cliveluis wrote:

Please note after latest update this feature is still not functional ! H9 control exports presets as . Tide .. into files app .. but they do not show up under user presets

You would need to export the .tide presets into the Blackhole folder in the Files app

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      cliveluis wrote:

I just shared one of my Blackhole presets from H9 Control to the Blackhole folder in the Files app. And when I opened the Blackhole app I saw my preset there. Did you close and reopen your Blackhole app?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.