UltraTap questions/requests

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins UltraTap questions/requests

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      radioman521
      Participant

Been demoing UltraTap and have a few questions/requests.

First – will the length parameter ever be made longer than 4 seconds? Not enough and would like to see at least 16 seconds.

Second – is a feedback parameter a possibility with this plugin? Kind of strange to have a delay plugin and no feedback control. Not having this is a bit of a deal-killer for me.

Just because the stompbox doesn’t have these doesn’t mean the plugin can’t.

It’s a good plugin but could be better.

Jack

aka musicman691 on various forums

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey Jack-

Regarding length – yes, we could potentially make it longer. For this first H9 Plug-in Series release, we did not want to stray too far from the H9 algorithm, but we could revise the length at any point if desired.

Regarding feedback – we played around with a feedback control when designing the UltraTap H9 algorithm. We found that the Slurm and Chop controls were much more exciting parameters. Feedback would be nice, but I don't see us adding it.

-Tom

radioman521
        Participant
        TLongabaugh wrote:

Hey Jack-

Regarding length – yes, we could potentially make it longer. For this first H9 Plug-in Series release, we did not want to stray too far from the H9 algorithm, but we could revise the length at any point if desired.

Regarding feedback – we played around with a feedback control when designing the UltraTap H9 algorithm. We found that the Slurm and Chop controls were much more exciting parameters. Feedback would be nice, but I don’t see us adding it.

-Tom

Thanks for the quick reply. Kind of a good news/bad news thing I guess. Length could be longer but no feedback. While the Slurm is kind of a neat thing I don’t find any use for the Chop controls – don’t like the sound. I know I don’t have to use it and would rather have had Feedback instead. But hey – that’s me. I have several other Eventide plugins but as of right now it doesn’t look like this will be joining them on a permanent at any time I can see. That’s why demos exist and am thankful for that. They’s saved me money as well as helped me to spend money wink There’s one synth developer I wish would have a demo but they don’t and it isn’t an inexpensive synth/sampler at al

moogman79

I must agree, a feedback parameter is a must and also more than 4 sec.

Additional to that 2 wishes a tempo syncable LFO to modulate the delay time would also be a thing on my wishlist, so we could make a modulated delay effect.

B.t.w. i already bought it 🙂

radioman521
        Participant
        moogman79 wrote:

I must agree, a feedback parameter is a must and also more than 4 sec.

Additional to that 2 wishes a tempo syncable LFO to modulate the delay time would also be a thing on my wishlist, so we could make a modulated delay effect.

B.t.w. i already bought it 🙂

This plugin could have killed a bunch of others out on the market but with the missing parameter controls it just misses the mark. Seems like Eventide doesn’t want to stray beyond what’s in the original algorithm even though they could. Oh well. Funds going elsewheres.

moogman79

I forgott a “freeze” possibility would also be nice …

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey all, in the most recent update (https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/10419/installers), the Length has been extended to 10 seconds.

moogman79

Thank you very very much.

Just downloading the new update 🙂

B.t.w. i have 4 eventide plugins but if i try to update the Anthology X it doesn´t show me the correct price. May someone at eventide have a look into this?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.