Unable to connect H9’s to mac devices via bluetooth, midi or mini USB

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Unable to connect H9’s to mac devices via bluetooth, midi or mini USB

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      georgwaring
      Participant

Any help is appreciated on connected my mac devices to my H9s via controller download

I have 2 H9’s maxs.  I am unable to pair any of 4 different apple devices to them via bluetooth, midi or mini USB to customize the presets.  

Furthermore, when I login to my user account, it is successful on my desktop, but I get an error message on my iPhone and 2 laptops saying that the username and passwords do not match. 

THANK YOU!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      georgwaring wrote:

Furthermore, when I login to my user account, it is successful on my desktop, but I get an error message on my iPhone and 2 laptops saying that the username and passwords do not match. 

So the problem is that you cannot log in your account in H9 Control? When you see the login window that means the connection is all right, which is a good thing.

Could you change your password to a simple one on our website and try conecting to your H9 again?

ngermick
      Participant

Hi, was there ever a resolution for this? I’m having the same issue with connectivity. I am able to get into my account just fine. But suddenly I cannot connect my pedals via USB. Bluetooth was always buggy, so I gave that up a long time ago. But USB had been solid up until recently for me but it no longer works.

ngermick
      Participant

I am on a 2016 MacBook Pro with os 10.14.6. I have the latest firmware on both H9 Pedals and the latest version of H9 Control. H9 Control does not recognize the pedals and prompts me start in demo mode.

I can see the pedals in my Audio Midi Setup, so the Mac OS is recognizing them. It is not an issue with cables. I have reinitialized the settings on the pedals and it made no difference. Also, the Eventide Updater app sees the pedals. I successfully reinstalled the firmware on both pedals. So this is specific to H9 Control. Also, I have a Time Factor and Space pedal connected via USB and the H9 Control recognizes those.

I tried disconnecting all other peripherals to make sure there was no conflict with other hardware. I also trashed the H9 Control preferences in case those were somehow corrupted.

I tried connecting the pedals to an older mac laptop with standard USB A connectors and H9 Control works correctly. That older laptop is actually on a newer OS (since I don’t use it for music, I updated it).

2013 Macbook Pro OS 10.15.6 w/ older USB A ports works

2016 Macbook Pro Os 10.14.6 w/ USB C ports fails

So it’s either an issue with the newer mac’s USB-C ports (which require an adapter) or a specific issue with OS 10.14.6. 

My setup was previously working on the newer machine, which would seem to indicate that this is related to Mac OS 10.14.6. 

bohan
      Eventide Staff

It is very strange. I use 10.14.6 on my Mac and H9 Control works fine via USB connection.

I'd suggest:

1. Try removing the H9 in your Audio Midi Setup and so the pedal will reinitialize in the Audio MIDI Setup when you connect to your H9 next time

2. Delete H9 Control and reintall it

Does H9 Control recognize your H9 if you click "Manually select a device" -> "Connect via MIDI" -> select your H9 as MIDI input and output and then click "Connect" ?

Let me know if any of these works

ngermick
      Participant

Thanks for the assistance. The following resolved my issue:

– Unplug the USB cables from the pedal

– Delete the pedals in the Mac OS AudioMIDI Setup

– reconnect the pedals via USB

– relaunch H9 Control

Initially, after removing the pedals from AudioMIDI setup and plugging them back in, I got a communication error in H9 Control. But quitting and relaunching H9 Control resolved it.

Much appreciated!

spp1207

HELP please. Having similar issue here . On 2 different macs osx it plainly does not connect via bluetooth, All software on mac and h9 are up to date.On mz iphone the bluetooth connection does go through as both the blue lights on the right of the box are lit but when I login (as one must login to use bluetooth on H9), when I login on iPhone the message comes back saying in red “the given user name /password combination could not be found.

I have done all the usual stuff that is suggested, all software update, rebooted, turned on and off h9 pressed xyz butons to reset on and off the bluetooth…

The problem on iphone is not with the bluetooth connection that goes through. The bug is that the login is refused. And not I do not have a cable to do it via USB as it is not a connection problem via bluetooth to device iOs but rather a bug as one plainly cannot connect to the eventide user account via iPhone from the H9 control iOs that of course is also the latest version.

Help would be appreciated as I am near to giving it back to the store for a refund. Thank you.

bifftar
      Participant

Does anybody have a fix? Need to use it this weekend, would like to tweak it w/ the App but – No Va.

bifftar
      Participant

Also, help please? Desperately seeking connectivity…

My H9 now doesn’t connect via Bluetooth on a 2012 Macbook Pro running OS 10.15 Catalina.

It used to be so convenient, but now it doesn’t work. Haven’t tried it in – a year, maybe?

Has Covid blown up Bluetooth, too?

grizzlymix
      Participant

hey,

help please: MAC os cataline, H9 won’† connect via bluetooth.

iphone app – says my password is wrong, can not log in. while on mac the new created pw works well.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

Do you connect to your H9 in H9 Control app on your Mac? How does it not connect? A screenshot would be helpful.

On the iPhone, you mean the login password not the paring password, right? You can try to reset all settings on your iPhone app and try it again.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      ngermick wrote:

Hi, was there ever a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue with connectivity. I am able to get into my account just fine. But suddenly I cannot connect my pedals via USB. Bluetooth was always buggy, so I gave that up a long time ago. But USB had been solid up until recently for me but it no longer works.

Do you use Mac or PC? What OS version? Do you use the latest H9 Control? What do you mean by cannot connect via USB? Do you see any error windows?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      spp1207 wrote:

HELP please. Having similar issue here . On 2 different macs osx it plainly does not connect via bluetooth, All software on mac and h9 are up to date.On mz iphone the bluetooth connection does go through as both the blue lights on the right of the box are lit but when I login (as one must login to use bluetooth on H9), when I login on iPhone the message comes back saying in red "the given user name /password combination could not be found.

I have done all the usual stuff that is suggested, all software update, rebooted, turned on and off h9 pressed xyz butons to reset on and off the bluetooth…

The problem on iphone is not with the bluetooth connection that goes through. The bug is that the login is refused. And not I do not have a cable to do it via USB as it is not a connection problem via bluetooth to device iOs but rather a bug as one plainly cannot connect to the eventide user account via iPhone from the H9 control iOs that of course is also the latest version.

Help would be appreciated as I am near to giving it back to the store for a refund. Thank you.

Hi, please try resetting your Eventide password on our website, or email support@eventide.com to have our support help you change a simple password for you.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      spp1207 wrote:

HELP please. Having similar issue here . On 2 different macs osx it plainly does not connect via bluetooth, All software on mac and h9 are up to date.On mz iphone the bluetooth connection does go through as both the blue lights on the right of the box are lit

Regarding the mac Bluetooth issue, the blue LED won't be lit if it's connected to a mac. It only lights up if connected to an iOS device. So if your H9 connects to your iPhone, theoretically it should work on mac. Can you please let me know how you connect to your mac and what does you mac say? Screenshots would be helpful. Thank you.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.