unable to open .syx file with Factorlib – due to differences in OS of origin?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes unable to open .syx file with Factorlib – due to differences in OS of origin?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      beedoola

After my Pitchfactor update debacle I ended up finding a Pitchfactor .syx file in my external hard drive. When I try opening it in the Factor Lib – nothing happens. When I open my newer PF or TF .syx

files – made on my MAC, they open with the factor lib. The problematic .syx file was created my PC. Should there be any difference?

I no longer have the PC computer. Is there something I need to change in the problematic file to get it to open?

achaput

Can you zip it and upload it here? I'll take a look at it.

Alan

beedoola

here ya go. Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Had a look at it and I can see that it is a DUMP ALL, rather than just presets. Also, the MIDI Sysex ID has been set to 2, rather than the usual 1.

Neither of these should stop the file from being loaded, although either might.

How important is this file to you ? If it has irreplaceable stuff on it, let me know and we'll try and resuscitate it.

beedoola

Hi, thanks for looking it!!

It is very important – I posted another thread about how I lost all my presets when updating my Pitchfactor to 3.5 so this .syx file was made long before I updated it.

Is there a way to extract just the preset data from the file without the system information? – A.) If its possible, B.) If the global data in the preset will mess up/mess with the new global data in 3.5? I'm pretty sure this dump was from 3.0

If I could get this data back it would be very much appreciated, thanks again for looking at it!

Smile

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This should be it – the problem was that your file was a DUMP ALL type, which FactorLib did not understand.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.