Unable to update Timefactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Unable to update Timefactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      jem777az

I downloaded and successfully installed the latest update utility but I receive the following message when trying to update:

"Unable to download update information: Request aborted or cancelled.  Since the remote server could not be contacted, you will not be able to see updates that may be available for your device.  Please try again by refreshing the device list from the Tools menu, or, if you continue having difficulty , please contact Eventide support."

I have been refreshing the device list all day but with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. It sounds to me as if you are having computer or internet problem at your end, so the first thing to do would be to try a different computer and/or network connection.

"if you continue having difficulty , please contact Eventide support."

jem777az

Hi Nick,

I can assure you that it's not a computer and/or network connection issue.  I have tried the update on 3 separate computers, one wireless, one wired, and the third on a completely different network altogether.  All with the same result.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Please contact support@eventide.com, giving your logon name and password, and mention the magic word OUPDATE. Hopefully, they will have alternative suggestions.

mtmattan

Same thing happened to me 🙁

tmoney

I just hopped on the forum looking for help with this exact same problem. I get the same message, word for word. I tried on 2 Windows 7 machines and 1 XP machine. The library application works fine on the XP machine, so I know the pedals and the machine can communicate. But the update utility is not working at all. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times too. 

I was getting excited reading about the new software updates, backed up my old presets with the library, but now it's frustrating that I can't get the update to the stompboxes (modfactor and pitchfactor).

tmoney

Yes, I'm having this exact same problem. Tried on 2 different windows 7 machines and one XP machine. Trying to update modfactor and pitchfactor.

Clegis

I'm having the exact same problem.  Just sent an e-mail to support, but thought I'd chime in just to get it on the radar in case it's widespread for some reason.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Looks like we may have a server problem at our end – we'll look into it.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

nickrose:

Looks like we may have a server problem at our end – we'll look into it.

We think we have fixed it – please try again and let us know how you got on. Sorry for the aggravation caused.

Clegis

Thanks!  Just tried again and it worked fine!

DavidYates

Updating my 3 factors today…

ModFactor update went off without a hitch.

TimeFactor update was buggy… Had to try a couple of times… Wanted me to check my password (which is stored in the utility, btw…) Making me afraid I was going to "brick" it, but in the end it updated just fine.

PitchFactor – piece of cake.

Now, off to update some presets and make some new ones!

David

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.