Understanding Space MIDI Ouput Options

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Understanding Space MIDI Ouput Options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ultracaps

Hi,

I’m trying to understand what the different options for the Space’s MIDI Output do. From reading the manual my assumptions are:

– THRU: If I have MIDI from an external source going into the Space it should pass through to the connected device

– THRU+C: Like THRU, but also passes clock messages

– MERGE: Like THRU+C, but also passes Space specific data as well

I ask because I tried a setup where I have an MPC going into the Space and a keyboard connected to THRU, and I figured if I played some MIDI through the sequencer it should pass through to the connected keyboard. But right it’s not, and I’m not sure if I’m just not understanding something or if something is wrong with the Space itself.

Thanks,

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Your understanding of the Space MIDI modes seem largely correct. It is possible (but of course unlikely) that a Space hardware issue is causing the problem.

I assume that if you connect the MPC directly to the keyboard, it acts as you expect.

If so, the problem may be cabling. Make sure that both MIDI cables work when connected between MPC and keyboard.

Make sure that the USB cable is disconnected from Space.

If you contact support@eventide.com, the nice man there will tell you how to run a MIDI selftest on your Space.

ultracaps
      nickrose wrote:

Your understanding of the Space MIDI modes seem largely correct. It is possible (but of course unlikely) that a Space hardware issue is causing the problem.

I assume that if you connect the MPC directly to the keyboard, it acts as you expect.

If so, the problem may be cabling. Make sure that both MIDI cables work when connected between MPC and keyboard.

Make sure that the USB cable is disconnected from Space.

If you contact support@eventide.com, the nice man there will tell you how to run a MIDI selftest on your Space.

Turned out it was just the cable.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.