Undulator not responding to midi notes in logic X 10.5

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Undulator not responding to midi notes in logic X 10.5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      juradub
      Participant

When adding another Undulator plug in a second track, whether it be a midi or audio tracj it doesn’t trigger the effect on playback.

Also, when manually triggering a drum hit for example, any effect on the Undulator intermittently responds. It is inconsisent no matter the preset or how long i play the note.

I dowmloaded the plug in 4 days ago. It installed fine. Everything seemed fine until i added a 2nd Undulator. 

I’m running Logic 10.5, have plenty RAM and OS is 10.14 Mojave. What can i do? Thank you.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, sorry to hear about the trouble.

Undulator responds to MIDI CC1, CC2, CC3, and CC4 messages. I assume these are the messages you are trying to send to the plugin. Info on how to route MIDI to Undulator can be found in this post: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins/how-set-midi-control-plugins-logic-pro

Regarding Undulator intermittently responding – do you mean that occasionally the Undulator effect does not sound, or no audio passes through the plugin, or something else? Does this only occur when you add the second Undulator, or is it always the case?

juradub
      Participant

No, i do not run two instances of Undulator in a chain. When i run a 2nd midi track, seperate and unconnected to the first, Undulator does not respond.

juradub
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Hi, sorry to hear about the trouble.

Undulator responds to MIDI CC1, CC2, CC3, and CC4 messages. I assume these are the messages you are trying to send to the plugin. Info on how to route MIDI to Undulator can be found in this post: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins/how-set-midi-control-plugins-logic-pro

Regarding Undulator intermittently responding – do you mean that occasionally the Undulator effect does not sound, or no audio passes through the plugin, or something else? Does this only occur when you add the second Undulator, or is it always the case?

i haven’t encountered a problem wit CC messages yet. The problem lies strictly with no effect in Undulator can be heard when playing back recorded midi parts when i use a 2nd Undulator.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Ok – so you have two instances of Undulator in a chain, one after the other? Can you provide screenshots or presets of the settings you are using?

Undulator has some internal dynamics control for creating swelling sounds, it's possible that this isn't being properly triggered.

juradub
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Ok – so you have two instances of Undulator in a chain, one after the other? Can you provide screenshots or presets of the settings you are using?

Undulator has some internal dynamics control for creating swelling sounds, it’s possible that this isn’t being properly triggered.

No, i don’t run two instances of Undulator in a chain. When i want to add Undulator to a 2nd and completely unconnected to the first midi track as an effect it either does not respond at all, or responds intermittently on being manually triggered. It never responds how one would expect it to. 

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff
      juradub wrote:

tlongabaugh wrote:

Undulator has some internal dynamics control for creating swelling sounds, it's possible that this isn't being properly triggered.

No, i don't run two instances of Undulator in a chain. When i want to add Undulator to a 2nd and completely unconnected to the first midi track as an effect it either does not respond at all, or responds intermittently on being manually triggered. It never responds how one would expect it to. 

Please send a test session exemplifying the issue to support@eventide.com, referencing this post, and we'll look into the issue for you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.