Unistall Older Factor Lib

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Unistall Older Factor Lib

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      rgrainer

Hi

I just installed the latest Factor Lib – 1.8, I noticed it created an uninstaller during the installation. So how do I uninstall my previous version of Factor Lib – 1.1? There is no uninstaller in that folder and it does not show up in control panel to allow for uninstalling the program.

What to do?

Thanks

rgrainer

timothyhill

It's safe to just delete the old files from their installation directory. Any shortcuts that point to the old version can be deleted as well. It's also safe to leave them in place, too, if you're not comfortable deleting them.

rgrainer

Thanks Tim

I just wanted to be sure there are no registry settings that need to be manually removed or anything like that.

timothyhill

You're welcome! I'm not aware of any registry settings that would need to be removed or modified. The few registry entries that FactorLib uses (I see 8) are for most recently used file locations, communication ports, and window geometry. I'd guess they are common to all versions of FactorLib and so are likely still in use.

Just as a disclaimer for anyone else reading this thread, and I'm sure you already know this, manually editing the Windows registry can quickly and completely mess up your computer. If you're not absolutely sure what you're doing, my best advice is to leave it alone. Overall, it looks to me like Eventide's done a really good job with FactorLib not leaving a lot of junk around, either with registry settings or shared files. It's much cleaner than most installs I've seen, so even though there's no uninstaller with the older versions, there doesn't seem to be a real need for one, either.

rgrainer

Thanks again and for registry warning to everyone.

The reason I asked the question was just that the new FL version made an uninstall executable file in the folder where all the rest of the files reside, I figure it's for when the next version of FL comes out. So I just wanted to know about getting rid of the older version the proper way.

timothyhill

Certainly an understandable and valid question. Good luck with version 1.8… It's really been good to have FactorLib available again!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.