Unity Volume TimeFactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Unity Volume TimeFactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sic
      Participant

Hi guys,

Just wonderin, what's the unity volume on the TimeFactor (Mix knob)? If it is diff  witch each delay, I'm asking particularly for  the Digital, Vintage, Tape, Filter unity volume.

Just to clarify, unity meaning the dry signal and first delay are equal in volume. I ask cause sometimes Mix  at 25 is unity for me, then sometimes it's 32, sometimes it's 50.

Can't seem to figure it out; seems like my ears are playing on me. Thanks!

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Sic,

You're not imagining things, there are various things that can effect the perceived level of the wet vs dry signal.  Technically a mix of 50 is adding the dry at wet outputs at unity level.  However, using two delays rather than one, the actual delay times, the filtering, and even some of the nonlinearities in the effects themselves can effect the actual or perceived levels of the sounds.  So while we've made a pretty good effort and trying to equalize the levels across the board, it'll never be totally constant.  The best advice I can give you is close your eyes and turn the knob, when it sounds good, stop.

timothyhill

I think this is one of the reasons they added an output level control to V3. It solved all of the problems I've ever had matching the active/bypass levels.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.