Universal Exression Pedal capability?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Universal Exression Pedal capability?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      yes9310

I have the TF and MF and probably soon PF, VF, DF, etc. Is there any way to use just one expression pedal for all of them?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you can make up a suitable (3 way) Y lead, you can connect one pedal to all of them.

If you connect too many units, it will still work, but the control law may change.

yes9310

New Accessory from Eventide? 😉

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

I tried this, I had a splitter box made and I tried it with my TimeFactor and my ModFactor.

to be honest I found it to be a bit clumbersome so I do not use it.

you may have better results if you configured what and wanted to be controlled and more importantly what you do NOT want to be controlled by the expression pedal.

So, it works, phyiscally, just not practically for me.

Cheers

BMF

grovest

Using MIDI and CCs is what I would consider the easy, and intended, way to go about this.

yes9310

What's CC's?

rstoneham

Hi,
      I asked the LoopMaster (www.loopmaster.com) about that and he quoted $100 to build me an Expression selector. I'd be able to plug the Exp pedal in one end and all the devices in the other – selecting which one I wanted to control.

But then I found this…

Check out the new Moog MP-201
      It's a multi pedal that will let you control 4 expression destinations and midi as well… I'll be getting one for my rig for sure.

Most of the reviews are for analog synth control but there is a guy on YouTube with a massive pedal setup that he is controlling with this thing.

http://www.moogmusic.com/controllers/?section=product&product_id=21141

R.

I just got a cheap proel expression pedal which works well. For $30, you might as well get a few of them, and have one for each pedal. Sure it's not a big metal thing, but they work well and they are compact enough to have a few on your board.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.