Update attempt has killed my H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Update attempt has killed my H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      shaunwortis
      Participant

Hi —

While attempting to update to latest firmware via bluetooth I received an error:  “messagecontraints::sm_response_timeout”.

Now the box turns on but does nothing and is showing a blank screen. I’ve attempted to reset to factory powering up with hotknob + right footswitch but nothing is working.

Help!

-Shaun 

shaunwortis
      Participant

Attempts to connect via Bluetooth fail. If I connect via USB, I see the H9 in the Mac’s USB hub, but the H9 application does not see or respond to the H9.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it shows nothing at all at startup, it will need to come in to be fixed. Sorry.

support@eventide.com

shaunwortis
      Participant

Ugh, that’s disappointing. Are there directions for sending device in for service on this site, or somewhere else.

shaunwortis
      Participant

Jerome from Eventide support recommended trying the update again via USB using the new Direct Updater, which is bundled in with the more recent version of H9 Control or available at the following links:

Get the unit into Update Mode by powering it up while holding down the HotKnob button at the top left of the unit. If successful, you will see UPDATE on the display.

This worked. Phew.

electrictoothpick
      Participant

Hi Shaun, I had exactly the same problem and managed to fix the update thanks to your post (the support hasn’t gotten back to me after 12 days…).

However- all my presets and the factory presets are messed up-:verbs are all of the sudden highly modulated, delay times different, synths are all over the place…

Did you experience something similar?

electrictoothpick
      Participant

Okay– I did that as well  a few times but all the presets sound different now….

shaunwortis
      Participant

Pretty strange! Frustrating.

The H9 sometimes seems to me to like a beta product—not quite ready.

ELIEZERGOMES
      Participant

I have a similar problem. my h9 does not log in via bluetooth nor does it light up the blue led. I’ve tried it all. can anyone help me or have you had a similar problem? I have tried talking to the assisted but nothing so far.

I have a similar problem. my h9 does not log in via bluetooth nor does it light up the blue led. I’ve tried it all. can anyone help me or have you had a similar problem? I have tried talking to the assisted but nothing so far.

shaunwortis
      Participant

I haven’t seen that, but I re-imported all presets from my backup, after the H9 finally began working again.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      electrictoothpick wrote:

Okay– I did that as well  a few times but all the presets sound different now….

Did you factory reset your H9? Cause that will reset the presets on your H9 as well. We updated the factory preset list in the latest update. Now the 99 factory presets are more useable and up to date including new algorithms like SpaceTime, Sculpt, HotSawz and Harmadillo.

electrictoothpick
      Participant

[/quote]

Did you factory reset your H9? Cause that will reset the presets on your H9 as well. We updated the factory preset list in the latest update. Now the 99 factory presets are more useable and up to date including new algorithms like SpaceTime, Sculpt, HotSawz and Harmadillo.

[/quote]

Yes, I did a factory reset and transfered the presets (setlist) from the app- most of them sounded different (especially the verbs) also  when I activated them from the app directly.

However, I updated a few times and only at the last time it worked, so everything is fine now- but for some reason it took a few tries. No problem whatsoever with the older unit (s/n 01…). Somehow the updates always cause a major hickup even though I never do it right away and never before a tour or recording job.

That said- I never got a reply from support and I wrote two weeks ago….

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.