Update crashes, I think my pedal is bricked! Please help Support.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Update crashes, I think my pedal is bricked! Please help Support.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      xlc210

I update my pedal but it quits when it gets to the write portion of the update. It goes through erase and when it gets to write several different things might happen.

1) the pedal completely turns off and won't turn on again unless i disconnect and reconnect power supply

2) the pedal has a few random lights on the display and the update utility freezes

3) it says write but then reboots and utility times out

I have tried this on 2 different computers. I have successfully updated the pedal on each previous update. I really need this pedal working as soon as possible so your quick response will be much appreciated. Thank you.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you can get to where it says UPDATE it is not bricked, and it is always possible that an update might succeed.

Make sure you have the latest version of the Updater. Disconnect all
      other USB devices. Try a different cable, and if that fails, different
      computer(s). Make sure you are using the power supply that came with the unit.

If all else fails, support@eventide.com

fkalich
      Participant

Which pedal?  Sounds like what I experienced recently with my PF.  I had no problems updating my MF and TF, but my PF would fail with a flash write error.  I eventually got it updated to the final beta after 30 tries.  With the production release it failed again and I sent it back.  Eventide could not reproduce my problem, but when I got the pedal back and tried to update again, same thing, and back it went to Eventide.  They could not reproduce the problem again.

Now Eventide and Jerome really did their best I think to figure this out, they did a lot of tests, Jerome even took it home to test it, but they never could reproduce my problem.  The reason I am interested in this thread is that I don't think I will ever try updating the pedal again, unless I can figure out what happened,  as it is out of warranty now.  I was thinking it might be something in my home or computer, but it is a mystery. Please let me know how this comes out.

Frank

xlc210

I am interested to hear what support says. I have tried it on 2 different desktops and 2 different laptops between 3 houses. It will sometimes get to write, but the pedal either shuts off, reboots or does some other crazy stuff.

I have noticed in the last year or so that when my pedal boots up a single vertical line moves about an inch on the screen, then freezes for a while before the pedal actually boots up.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

They'll probably tell you to send it in ..

The vertical line business is a power-on selftest. Depending on which column it is, it indicates a fault in the internal ram or program memory. Sounds like it needs to call home. Sorry.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.