Update V3 Problems

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Update V3 Problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      toddrico

So my update started out  fine with the Pitchfactor. It said Transfer succesful. Now restoring device. It looks like my Pitchfactor is back to normal but now the update software says it can't locate device, and keeps trying attempts. It is up to attempt #22 now and I'm just going to stop it. I did make sure to turn off Midi clock out before I updated. I'm using a Macbook 2ghz 4g ram OSX 10.6.6 to update.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There can be an occasional problem where the actual update is sucessful, but it fails to restart the unit afterwards. My guess is that you will find the unit has updated OK. If not, contact support@eventide.com.

toddrico

Thank you for the reply. I wish I had gotten that earlier. Here is the troubleshooting I went through.

Failed updating device PF-06310.

Cannot find unit after restart.

Please reboot your device and try updating again.

That was the [collapse]original message.

Then I tried on a Win XP machine. Forced unit into update mode by holding middle ftswitch.

Then I get this message:

erases data

failed updating device PF-06310

error updating device

plese reboot

Back on OSX 10.6.6 I check Audio-Midi setup and realize that the operating system DOES in fact see my pitchfactor as a midi device just fine. It's Eventide Update utility that does not.

I then booted into Win 7 on my macbook with bootcamp. Then I finally had a successful update.

Man that was some work

[/collapse]

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Todd – sorry you had such problems, but congratulations on your perseverance.

As you can see, we are still having big problems with our update mechanism (shame we were too cheap to give it a card socket). Interestingly, it's much better than it was, but we still have work todo.

toddrico

Thanks Nick.

Great to hear you guys are striving for perfection:)

Very excited about the Powerfactor!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.