US purchased Space, powered by UK purchased Pawer bank

Home Forums Products Stompboxes US purchased Space, powered by UK purchased Pawer bank

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      grant2b
      Participant

Hi there,

I'm looking at buying an Eventide Space when i visit the US next month. I'm a FOH engineer and run a few stompboxes powered by a Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe (which power Eventide pedals) which fits neatly in a rack drawer i use with other rack effects and comps.

I realise if i were to use the eventide power supply i would need a step down transformer to power in the UK, but would it run straight off the Hot Stone if i wasn't to use the Eventide power supply? Is it just the power supply that requires the transformer or is the Space looking for 110v also?

Thanks in advance.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

The Eventide official line is they can only advise the official Eventide Power supplies … which you can understand.

However, they will run with other power supplies, the OneSpot with an L6 converter works … you can also buy an official UK spec Eventide power Supply.

Basically a decent 9V DV Boss Style + a OneSpot L6 converter will work as long as it puts out 500mA or above … oh and don't daisy chain the power supplies … you need to keep them isolated.

interestingly the US H9 PSU is worldwide voltage and I use the 3 I bought from the US with a 3 pin to Shaving socket … when not using the Eventide PowerFactor.

Hope that helps

grant2b
      Participant

So basically, it will run on different voltages between the US and UK providing i have the correct power supply?

The Hot Stone is great. Like a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 but with the capability of powering a larger variety of pedals and cheaper as well. I'll be using a Step down Transformer for that whilst i'm in the states.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Actually looking at the Decibel webpage … you can run the Space at 12V DC with a "2.5mm Center Positive Cable "

From the Decibel website it links to this Amazon page… http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IRJ619U

I know I said 9V DC 500mA … but they can run at 12V DC @ 400mA … (that is what the PowerFactor runs them at 😉 

grant2b
      Participant

Yeah it's the same as the Line 6 DL4 which it powers without a problem.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

grant2b:

So basically, it will run on different voltages between the US and UK providing i have the correct power supply?

The Hot Stone is great. Like a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 but with the capability of powering a larger variety of pedals and cheaper as well. I'll be using a Step down Transformer for that whilst i'm in the states.

The Space Pedal will need 9 or 12v DC … so you will need to use a PSU to convert whatever the country you are in down to 9 or 12v… OneSpot or PowerFactor will do this…. Maybe the Decibel can? don't know as I have not used one … actually looking at the Decibel web site NO it can't …there is a European and a North American version… so you would need a step down transformer if using the US Version in the UK and a Step UP transformer UK version in the US.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

grant2b:

Yeah it's the same as the Line 6 DL4 which it powers without a problem.

you will be fine then Yes

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.