USB question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes USB question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      skywriter
      Participant

I don’t use USB question often; but the following evidence lead me to a conclusion; the is ample space on the right of the H9 Control app to accomodate 5 H9 icons Eventide only supports 5 h9’s per account, Bluetooth only supports a subset H9’s depending on the model.

This leads me to the notion the 5 H9’s could be combined on one H9 control app if USB was used to tie them together. Yes? No?

gkellum
      Participant
      SkyWriter wrote:
      IThis leads me to the notion the 5 H9's could be combined on one H9 control app if USB was used to tie them together. Yes? No?

Yes, you can connect H9 Control to five H9s via USB.  We've tested this before with a powered USB hub, and it worked fine.  If you have a particular configuration you'd like us to check for you, let us know and we can do so.  There are a lot of possible combinations —  Mac, Windows, iOS devices via the Apple camera connection kit — and although I would expect you would be able to connect five devices via USB regardless of the combination, we could verify a particular combination for you if you need us to.

skywriter
      Participant

Thanks gkellum, my particular interest is an iPad with camera kit through a powered hub to connect five H9’s to on instance H9 control. Currently I use two iPad’s with bluetooth, and with 2 iPad’s it’s just too cumbersome having the control point split between the two with the Bluetooth initialization procedure for each H9. Having my five H9’s are configured as a serial chain of devices with radial power, another radial USB connection would be much more preferable if the H9’s just had a quick configuration via USB.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.