Used H9 everything works but delays?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Used H9 everything works but delays?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      tstern
      Eventide Staff

Hi efstein,

To be clear, all the reverbs work correctly? If the H9 is new to you, I'd suggest a factory reset to make sure it's not an issue with presets or a routing setting that you aren't expecting (perhaps the dry/wet setting was left on, or something similar) .  To do that, reboot the pedal while pressing both the Right footswitch and the knob until the pedal indicates "INITIA"

Please let me know if that works, or if it's still an issue.

efstein

Hi tstern,

Thanks for your quick reply.  Yes, I have reset everything.  Always the same issue.  Since I bought it used I need to track down the correct USB cable to try to update it again and see it that works.  Any ideas where I can find one of those?  Also, I am wondering if there is some way I need to activate the delays that is an extra step.

tstern
      Eventide Staff

This cable will do the trick: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4931

There shouldn't be any need to activate the delays.  If the pedal is active, the mix isn't all the way to Dry, and none of the routing settings have changed, you should be getting some delay signals.  What algorithm are you using? Have you tried changing the Delay Time parameter to see if it makes any change in the signal?

Have you confirmed you're plugged in to input 1 and output 1?  Some of the algorithms do unexpected things if, for example, the cables are in input 2 and output 1.

efstein

Hi everyone,

I just got a used H9 and can get everything to work but the delays.  Am I doing something wrong?  When I click it active nothing really happens.  I notice a slightly different tone at times but no delays.  Maybe I am missing something to activate it?

Thanks for your help!

efstein

Yes I’ve tried all those things.  I will try to update it and see if that works.  Thanks for the info on the cable.  I will purchase that and once I update it, I will let you know if that did the trick.  Thanks again for all of your insight.  I really appreciate it.  Stay well and safe.

tstern
      Eventide Staff

Hey, I’ve just heard from some others internally that this is an issue that could happen when people update H9s with a certain (older) version of our Eventide Device Manager software, which presumably whoever you purchased the H9 from did.

When you get a USB cable, you should be able to update from within H9 Control and it should resolve your issue.

efstein

Hi,

You were exactly right!  Once I did the update everything worked.  It sounds fantastic!!  Thanks for all of your help and insight.  Now I just need to experiment and learn how to tweek all these incredible sounds I have at my fingertips.

Thank you once again and stay safe and healthy.

Sincerely

Gene

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.