User scales or custom scales for H9 Harmonizer

Home Forums Products Stompboxes User scales or custom scales for H9 Harmonizer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rokiko

Hello everybody!

First I have to say, that I’m sorry, that my english is very bad. But it is a long time ago, when I learned english in school and I never used it since 40 years ago. smiley

I am a guitarplayer in a band and sometimes I have to play a guitar-solo which is originally played with two guitars (second voice). So I am searching for a harmonizer that gives me a second guitar. wink

When I read about the H9 I saw, that there is a harmonizer inside. But, if I am right, there is the “Diatonic Shifter” or the “Quadravox” and both shift the pitch by the selected harmonic interval based on the Key and Scale that is selected. Unfortunately in many popular Songs, the interval is not the same through the whole song. In many songs or solos you need a third up for the second guitar the most time but often also a fourth up in the same song in the same key or sometimes the second guitar plays unisono.

So, I need a harmonizer which has user-scales or custom scales where I can program the second voice for each note.

Is this possible with the H9? And if it is possible, where do I find it in the Manual?

The multieffect processors by Boss/Roland can do this since many years. Now I want to buy a such a good processor like the H9 is but I cannot find it here.

Thank you very much for you commands and your help.

Greetings from Germany.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      rokiko wrote:

So, I need a harmonizer which has user-scales or custom scales where I can program the second voice for each note. Is this possible with the H9?

H9 doesn't support custom scales. However, you may use an expression pedal or a MIDI controller to change the Pitch/scale parameters in real time while playing.

scorpiknox
      Participant

I asked for this when I got my H9 Max years ago. There’s plenty of interest, trust me. It’s insane that I am still using a DigiTech Harmony Man for proper triad voicing in 2024.

Boss GT-1000 can do it, but the tracking is a joke. I just set it up and it’s really sad that I can perfectly define my scales but it sounds horrible because the harmost effect is garbage.

I would immediately buy an H90 if you’d add user scales. Without custom scales, harmonizers aare extremely limited.

Bonus points for high pass filter mode so you can chug lower notes and harmonize higher notes.

rokiko
      bohan wrote:

H9 doesn’t support custom scales. However, you may use an expression pedal or a MIDI controller to change the Pitch/scale parameters in real time while playing.

Thank you very much, @bohan

I had feared that.

It is a pity, because to use a pedal to change the parameter in just the right moment, is too much to do (and to think) for an old man, when he is playing with the band. wink

Best wishes! yes

Bodde
      Participant
      rokiko wrote:
      bohan wrote:

H9 doesn’t support custom scales. However, you may use an expression pedal or a MIDI controller to change the Pitch/scale parameters in real time while playing.

Thank you very much, @bohan

I had feared that.

It is a pity, because to use a pedal to change the parameter in just the right moment, is too much to do (and to think) for an old man, when he is playing with the band. wink

Best wishes! yes

I agree. Having to switch pitches with midi is not convenient. I think you have to look elsewhere then. Good luck!

rokiko
      Bodde wrote:
      … I think you have to look elsewhere then. Good luck!

Thank you @Bodde. yes

I own a Boss GT-1000, it has a harmonizer with user scales inside and it works really good! But I don’t need the Amp Models, Overdrives a. s. o. So I thought about an Eventide H9, because it is a lot smaller and many people told me about the outstanding quality.

Ok, so I must wait…

Stay healthy!

Bodde
      Participant
      rokiko wrote:

Bodde wrote:
      … I think you have to look elsewhere then. Good luck!

Thank you @Bodde. yes

I own a Boss GT-1000, it has a harmonizer with user scales inside and it works really good! But I don’t need the Amp Models, Overdrives a. s. o. So I thought about an Eventide H9, because it is a lot smaller and many people told me about the outstanding quality.

Ok, so I must wait…

Stay healthy!

If the Boss works for you then keep it. Nothing wrong with it I think. You can always buy an H9 for all the other stuff!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.