Using all three Factors?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using all three Factors?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      hughmcm
      Participant

I use mine in a tri-phonic set-up:  normally with everything running in mono to my backline amp; but then for solos, intros and so on, switching into the PA to use the Eventides amazing stereo effects (with a touch of compression). When I do this, at the same time my switch system re-routes a non-Eventide signal to my backline amp, preserving the drive of the sound.  (Stereo can often sound rather gutless.) I control the Eventides using MIDI and expression pedals.

With a TF and MF, I've got the MF running into the TF, stereo outs to the L&R ins, then out to my switching system. 

But adding a PitchFactor, which I guess requires to be first so as not to confuse the tracking, would the correct order be PF, MF and TF?

Also, could anyone suggest any good combinations of presets, or ideas about using all three together. There's such a lot of possibilities, it's rather daunting! Many thanks.

roverdog
      Participant

Good question, now that the Space is out.  I have the PF and Space and both manuals say to put them at the end of the chain.  Personally I put the PF before the Space, in stereo, out to the inputs of two amps(both the same).  I'm thinking of running the Factor Pedals from the amps effects loops.  Both amps have a mono effects loop so I would have to run from the send of each amp to both Ins of the PF, the Outs from the PF to the Ins of the Space and the Outs from the Space to the return of each amp.

Has anyone tried this?

timothyhill

Yeah, I've done that, both using 2 or 3 amps together (all pre-amps) and using one amp to drive 1 or 2 others (just using the return on the 2nd & 3rd amps; typical stereo or w/d/w setup). All have worked well for me. I've done this with combos, heads with cabs, and a rack system, depending on how much gear I want to cart around.

Right now, I'm running into the amp >> PF >> TF >> MF >> Space, although I have used other configurations. I put the PF first (tracking seems better there), have the modulation after the delay (seems more coherent to me), and smear reverb over the top of it all.

From your description, I think you'll be good to go…

hughmcm
      Participant

You'll need lots of cable?  Unless you run the Eventides (and other pedals)  from a drawer in a rack, with a midi foot controller out front.  I keep mine on the floor and although it's all midi controlled (using a Musicom), I often adjust the Eventides using their own footswitches.  I also use a three-way footswitch to the TF and MF to replicate the function of their three switches, plus tap tempo to all units, which would otherwise be a problem (at least I couldn't work out a sensible way of doing it).

timothyhill

Yeah, I keep mine on the floor, too. I've thought about putting the Factors in a rack drawer and using a Ground Control Pro to replicate the Factors' switches. However, I haven't done so, at least not yet, because then I'd always have to have at least one rack. It's just easier for me to incorporate them into different rigs using a pedalboard. Actually, I use 2 pedalboards, one for front-of-amp stuff (comp, wah, etc) and the other for the loop (all Eventide).

No joke… LOTS of cable, but it's pretty easy to set up. Just 3 cords to the Eventide board and 3 to the FOA board, everything else stays wired. All but 1 of those cords are carrying low-impedence signal, too, so length isn't as much of a concern, but I still try to keep them as short as possible… It's still 75'-125' including the inter-connects, depending on how close I can get to my amps.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.