Using CV to control the Time Factor or Eclipse?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using CV to control the Time Factor or Eclipse?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      haven
      Participant

I want to be able to use CV from my modular to control the Time Factor, preferably by directly patching into it via the expression input. My modular is based on the Doepfer spec so mod sources are usually 0 to +5v.

Is this possible? I would definately want to do this on the Eclpise as well.

Is there any danger of me blowing something by experimenting with sending voltages into the expression or switch inputs? my highest voltage modular gate out is +15v

So far I only have one device that works with both Expression pedals and CV, that is the EHX Memory boy which specifically allows for it.

thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The Eclipse and 'Factor switch and pedal inputs are protected against reasonable over-voltages. We don't specify a maximum, but 5-15V should be OK.

Note that the 100% voltage point on the Factor pedal input is about 3.3V – it will clip above this. The Eclipse 100% point is about 5V.

haven
      Participant

Thanks for the answer – Looks like a I have some experimenting to do!

One more question, should the voltage be at the tip or the ring of the cable? I want to be able to put the Expression inputs into my patchbay so I can patch either expression pedals or CV.

Should I make a special cable or adapter to patch the TS CV cable into the TRS Expression input?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The CV should be at the tip for the pedal input. Shouldn't need a special cable.

coyote14
      Participant

Old topic, but very close matter for me.

I have bought the Expressive E Touché CV & MIDI controller. I first tried to control Eclipse parameter in MIDI. It works fine, but with many artefacts, because of the “only” 128 MIDI parameters for the Control Changes…very small glitches and some other weird noises in MIDI.

Then I sent CV signal in the Pedal input instead, in 0-5V range, and it works really perfectly now. The problem is that my Touché controller can send up to 4 CV signal, while Eclipse has only 2 pedal input…I think I will use MIDI for more “static” command/parameter of the Eclipse, and CV for those who need a really continuous signal.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.