Using Eventide pedals with MFC-101 midi controller

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using Eventide pedals with MFC-101 midi controller

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      trancegodz

I am trying to use an MFC-101 midi controller’s IA’s to select and turn on/off my choice of presets for each of the Eventide pedals. I’m having no luck at all so far. Are any of you successfully doing this? If so how?

Ideally I’d like to be able to select a preset on the Axe FXII with the MFC-101, hit the reveal button on the MFC-101, and have four of the IA’s set up one each for each of the four Eventide pedals. So that I could use those IA’s to select a specific Eventide preset and turn on/off that preset on that specific Eventide pedal. Is this possib;e? If so, how do you do it?

I know Dweezil Zappa is using 3 Eventide H9’s and an MFC-101.

trancegodz

Support sent me this message: “On our stompboxes you need to go into the System Menu, then select MIDI and RCV CTL. Turn the encoder until you see TOG on the left side of the display. Hit the right footswitch and this will allow you to turn the encoder and set the MIDI CC number that you will send to the unit to toggle it between bypass and active.”

I tried it and I was able to get an IA on the MFC-101 to turn on and off a preset on the Eventide, but I have to push the IA button twice to turn the Eventide on and twice to turn it off. Is there any way to make it so you only have to push the IA once to turn it on and once to turn it on?

trancegodz

Well I couldn’t get it to work right using a cc to change the Eventide toggle like support suggested, but I got it to turn on and off with one press using a cc to change the bypass state. The problem now is that the Eventide effect is always on when I switch presets. So if I hit the unlit IA I programmed to bypass bypass the Eventide, the MFC IA light is on when the Eventide effect is off, and off when the Eventide effect is on.

Are any of you successfully using a Fractal MFC-101 with multiple Eventide pedals? If so how are you setting it up? I’m starting to think I may need to buy a different midi controller. Do you also need something like an effects gizmo if you are trying to control multiple Eventide pedals?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.